Marvin Replacement Windows, Northern NJ

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
LisaKC

Marvin Replacement Windows, Northern NJ

#1 Post by LisaKC »

Can anyone tell me about the Marvin window?

I saw on this site that someone named U Factor is a distributor/installer.

I need 6 DH windows in my kitchen. I can get them at Kuiken Brothers but wanted advice from an installer. If I buy them from Kuiken I would need to hire someone to install them.

Also, I need advice on exactly how to measure what size I need.

I need a lot of help with this project. So confused!!!!

Thanks

The U Factor

#2 Post by The U Factor »

Hi Lisa

I distribute the Marvin Integrity line which is a new construction window. Are you just looking for a replacement window to insert in your old frame, or do you want to rip out the whole thing and start over?? For the inserts Kuiken Bros can help you, and yes you should have a professional install in my opinion. Hopefully they can recommend someone for you. Kuiken is technically my competitor but I have nothing but nice things to say about the folks there (especailly since I only have Integrity. If you are near the Roxbury/Randolph area the Kuiken showroom there is very nice.

If you are ordering your own product be very careful. I would say about half the DYIers end up ordering more product because of an error when dealing with windows. My opinion is to leave it to a professional to order, that way all responsibility is on them.

If you are looking for a full tear out and it is the Integrity you are looking for then I can recommend someone just let me know.

There is also the Marvin Infinity line which is an all fiberglass replacement window. They are sold by the big Mark IV company now I believe.

good luck

LisaKC

#3 Post by LisaKC »

Thanks,

I am doing replacement windows not a whole ripout. Does Kuiken sell replacements? How does the Marvin compare to others and have you ever heard of CertainTeed? I got a quote from a local business with great reviews for 6 DH for $2,100. Don't know if that is a good price since this is my first experience with this.

Thanks

The U Factor

#4 Post by The U Factor »

ok what kind of windows do you like, vinyl, wood etc??

LisaKC

#5 Post by LisaKC »

I like vinyl windows.

The U Factor

#6 Post by The U Factor »

then marvin is not for you. Which window did you look at in vinyl that you liked???

LisaKC

#7 Post by LisaKC »

Well, I was given a quote for the Shuco (which are out of my price range) and then was given a quote for CertainTeed windows, 6DH for $2,100, installed.

I was wondering about Thermo-Tite or Castle window companies, also.

I guess I just don't have a clue.

Thanks

nojo

#8 Post by nojo »

in your area you should check out Myle Kelly. They are a local supply house that has a few of the windows you have talked about. Also check out Gorell if your looking for quality. either would be better then going for an andersen new construction. good luck