Questions about Polybau Malibu @ Allbrand

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
av

Questions about Polybau Malibu @ Allbrand

#1 Post by av »

The L.A. area Allbrand branch I went to is selling a Polybau window, called the Malibu, that doesn't seem to exist on either the Polybau site or the NFRC site. Is it a window exclusive to Allbrand or is it really the 400 as a poster on some other window site stated?

Btwy, I couldn't find any Polybau window listed on the AAMA site. They boast about their Energy Star and NFRC ratings, and while they describe what AAMA is, they don't mention whether their windows are AAMA certified. Why is that? Are they in some type of a dispute with them?

Polybau seemed like an attractive brand, but these things are really nagging me. Also, while they make a big hoopla about using REHAU vinyl, their spec page leaves the impression that they don't actually use it on all their windows.

Can anyone shed more light on these points?

Thanks.

Cheryl

#2 Post by Cheryl »

Good Morning AV,

Allbrand does sell the 400 series window, but the name of the window is no longer Malibu, it is the Milan window. It is available from Allbrand Windows as well as throughout our entire dealer network. Yes, all Polybau windows are AAMA certified, however, you won't see it on the AAMA site, because while all windows are tested to AAMA standards, AAMA is not the only agency that has authority to certify. Our independent auditor and certifying agency is Keystone Certifications (www.keystonecerts.com). All our AAMA test values are posted on both the Polybau and Keystone websites. Finally, the 400 series windows are REHAU products. Thanks for your interest in Polybau Windows.

av

#3 Post by av »

Thanks for the clarifications. You should be aware that Allbrand still uses the name Malibu in their literature and at least the showroom I visited. How hard is it to replace some stickers in the showroom. I assume the name Malibu was dropped to avoid confusion with the Anlin Malibu.

May I also suggest to add to your spec page the mention of REHAU under the Milano window. Having it mentioned for some windows (example: the Insbruck) but not the Milano gives the impression that REHAU is not used for the Milano.

Cheryl

#4 Post by Cheryl »

Thanks for your input. I will be talking to the showrooms.