Need Advice!!

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
philledawg

Need Advice!!

#1 Post by philledawg »

I've used Simontion, for replacement vinyl windows in the past. I believe it was the 5500 series. With mu new home, in central NJ, I am looking at Andersen Renewal, the original Simonton contractor and a local contractor who will use a better series of Andersens. I have about 35-40 windows, of various sizes in the home. The question is: I've ruled Sears out and am leary of the Anderson Renewal Salesperson $3000 drop in price, before he left. I'm going to get a quote for the local contract with the highter end Andersens. The 1million dollar question is? Should this cost over $20,000 and can I get the window price first and then negotiate the installation/labor cost? Should I go to Home Depot, Lowes or a Window Factory? I do not want to by a cheap vinyl product and only th Andesen Renewal windows looked any different ?(with the vinyl and sawdust frame (lol) I'd appreciate any advice y'all can give. :shock: Confused in Princeton