Has anyone heard of Preservation Windows?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
chloe

Has anyone heard of Preservation Windows?

#1 Post by chloe »

Hello. Does anyone in the Kansas City area know anything about Preservation Windows? They are what Farm and Home Builders offers, but I believe they're quite expensive. Any info would be appreciated.

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#2 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

Preservation is Alsides best window. Basically a Sheffield with a few extra bells and whistles. Farm & Home Builders are top shelf people out of the Des Moines area. There one of few Alside distributors left in the Midwest. If the price is right, you won't find fault with their service and installation.

chloe

#3 Post by chloe »

Thanks so much "another window guy". I'm also wondering about Preservation's other window option: the Silver series. These seem alot more affordable, but there was no fancy brochure to describe these windows and the salesperson didn't want to talk about them since they were less money. What do you know about them??

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#4 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

Didn't know it existed, my guess is it is another Alside product since their a distributor. Alsides typical line-up is Preservation, followed by the 8000 series and than the Sheffield or Ultra Max (the difference between these two is the sill design). The next step down is the Excalibur, Geneva and their cheapy the Centurion. That's not to say they might not have ten others, as their objective is to sell as many windows as possible, and I haven't been in any of their plants for a couple of years.
The Preservation is an above average window and usually only sold by volume dealers and at a steep price. An average double hung in Madison, Wisconsin runs around $550.00.