Need opinion on Lowes Pella windows Please

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Mrs. P

Need opinion on Lowes Pella windows Please

#1 Post by Mrs. P »

I need to replace 10 very old windows. The house was built in the late 1880's. I am NOT looking to beautify or improve the value of my parents home. I just need decent DH windows (that won't break my $2,000 budget) to replace the rotted out ones that are their now. They are over 40 years old. My question is this for all the experts out there: IS Lowes Pella windows adequate for my needs? Any info on the installation services? The prices seem so low compared to estimates I received from companies. Lowes pella windows seem to be in the $200 or lower range.
ANY input is appreciated![/b]

ppj

#2 Post by ppj »

How many windows are there?

Think about a $200 window, how much quality are you getting.

It also depends, how long are you going to live in the house, and even if you are just fixing it to sell it......do you want to sell the home with a window you know is truly inferior to an unsuspecting new home buyer?

Mrs. P

#3 Post by Mrs. P »

thanks for your reply. But, I need to know anyone's experience with Lowes windows and installation, specifically. The windows that are their now are rotted, sill and all, the frames are rotted as well. So I feel any window I get from a reputable place and installed properly will be at least 500% better than what is their now. I am looking for a mid range type of window, honestly, if it lasts 10 years I will be very happy! Most likely, the house will be sold to a builder when my parents pass on. It has many many problems, all structural.

JScott

#4 Post by JScott »

Maybe if you google "pella rotted" you may have a clear picture.

Mrs. P

#5 Post by Mrs. P »

Thanks for your reply, but, I think I confused the issue with my above post. :oops: The windows that are their now are NOT Pella windows. They are an unknown brand at least 40 years old, wood frame and rotted. The tops of the window are circular, kind of like a half moon shape. The house is circa 1880's.
I AM looking to replace with Lowes Pella series because they are reasonably priced with the Pella name. My question is this: does anyone have experience with these windows and the installation from Lowes?
To reiterate, the house will most likely be knocked down in 5-10 years by a builder because of the shape its in.
Thanks again!