Need help with window selection and install (South Jersey)

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
MrC

Need help with window selection and install (South Jersey)

#1 Post by MrC »

After spending hours reading through the forum I have found certain brands that have received a lot of praise. I can't seem to find anyone that installs Simonton, Certainteed, or Schuco in my area. I've been to the manufacturers website but most listing are for dealers who do not install. Home Depot does offer Simonton but they were to much. Are there other brands I should look into?

I have aluminum windows and have been told that they are harder to replace. Several companies said they are harder to replace which will result in a higher install price. One company said that there is no extra charge and that you just need to collapse the frame and cut it out. What's correct?

Can anyone recommend a company to install 15 windows in SJ?

Does anyone have any experience with The Window Factory in Haddon Heights?

Delaware Mike

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

Sorry, I can't tell you much about the Window Factory. Never heard of them. My gut instinct with a name like that tends to make one think that they are some kind of window discounter, which leads me to having doubts about the manufacturers that they purchase from. Possibly low end? I could be wrong.

If you are looking for Simonton or Certinteed your best bet may be to stop into a couple of local contractors supply houses and see if a manager could recommend one of their reptutable customers that has been in business for a while.

As far as Schuco in concerned. Have you emailed or called Schuco to see if they have a dealer in your area?

MrC

#3 Post by MrC »

I stopped by a couple supply houses and am still waiting for the contractors that they're recommending to get back to me. I've have emailed and called Schuco and have received nothing. They keep giving me someone elses number to call.

I may just go with my local Window Factory because they seem to have all the features that have been recommended, they offer a lifetime warranty on the window/install, and they've been around forever. My sister went with them and she seemed pretty happy. She is having a problem with a window so how they handle this will determine if I sign with them or look else where.

Skydawggy

#4 Post by Skydawggy »

If you think a company that touts the fact it uses Swiggle Seal spacer, and that your sister is happy with hers is the most important aspect, then you have a lot of homework to do.

This site is a great source of information. IMO you are being lazy and want others to tell you what to buy and whom to buy it from so you don't have to do any research on your own. That's not using this site to it's full potential.

MrC

#5 Post by MrC »

Lets get something straight Skydawggy, I'm far from lazy, discouraged by how many companies work, yes but lazy, NO!!! I've spent at least 3 hours a day for the last two weeks dealing with windows. I've had contractors out with crappy sales pitch and others that just cancel. Lazy NO!!! I've gone to several supply shops asking for contractors of the higher quality windows but they keep telling me I should hear from them soon. Discouraged YES, lazy NO!!!! I've contacted manufactors directly and got no where. If I was lazy I would never have found this site and read/inquired/posted about Schuco, Certainteed, Simonton, etc. So please don't go there!!! I also didn't say that the features were the most important just recommended. Keep in mind a window is only as good as it's install, so that is just as much a factor to me as the quality of window. I know one of the installer does a great job. Don't make an ignorant comment without getting all the facts.

kellsbells and delaware mike thanks for the useful information. I'll contact JMJ and hope I have better luck.

Skydawggy

#6 Post by Skydawggy »

MrC

I can only go by the scant amount of information you have posted so far, which isn't much other than what I pointed out in my post. You also gave no reasons for leaning towards the Window Factory other than the fact your sister has them and she is happy, except for a problem she is having. Go figure.

I can only assume that someone who has done even a scintilla amount of research thinks a window that uses swiggle seal is a good quality window is either ignorant or hasn't done much research. I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

I stand corrected if you have done all the research you claim to have done. Your vast research certainly didn't come across in your posts. Please accept my apology.

BTW, what in your vast research led you to believe the Window Factory produced a good quality window? Do you know what the U value or DP rating is? Do you know what glass pack it uses?

house-windows

#7 Post by house-windows »

May try house windows,garden windows, double hung windows, bathroom windows, transom windows at window-max.com/

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

house-windows wrote:May try house windows,garden windows, double hung windows, bathroom windows, transom windows at
You gotta love a shameless plug when you see it.... :roll:

VRWAdmin
Site Admin

#9 Post by VRWAdmin »

You gotta love a shameless plug when you see it....
First post, yeah shameless would be a good description of this company. So much for contributing to the community.

Apart from shameless, lets try an intelligence test on them as well;

The original poster put as a title; "Need help with window selection and install (South Jersey)"

How far away is New Jersey from California?