for the pros... please!

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
dadoftwins

for the pros... please!

#1 Post by dadoftwins »

I have been monitoring this site for a couple of years and used to post until my computer messed up and I had problems logging in. Then I just got too busy to post.
Anyway, I am not sure if any of you get into insulation. We do insulation, windows and siding in the northeast.
I am considering purchasing an Icynene rig which is a very costly investment. I have spoken to a few dealers of the various types of foam- just like the window industry- they all say their product and equipment is the best.
Do any of you get into this type of work? Do you have any feedback on whether it has taken off in other parts of the country?
Any unbiased info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

p.s. I used to post under "mass window guy"

FenEx

#2 Post by FenEx »

Icynene is a good performer because of it's ability to air seal as well as insulate. It is an open cell foam which does not have as high of an R-value as closed cell. The truck rig will probably run you about 80k and the product isn't cheap either. You can get a smaller trailer rig for about 25-30k. Profitability will depend on how often you can keep the equiptment in use. Your timing is great as most are looking for better performing insulations. Another thing I like about spray foams is that they are somewhat idiot proof as the expansion of the foam doesn't leave gaps or voids. Good Luck.

VRWAdmin
Site Admin

#3 Post by VRWAdmin »

Lots of interesting information for home owners and professionals here; http://www.icynene.com/

I think we would all be interested in hearing how you make out if you do decide to go forward.

VRW Admin