Is this a reasonable Patio Door install quote?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
AK420

Is this a reasonable Patio Door install quote?

#1 Post by AK420 »

I have a quote from a company here in Chicago for a patio door installation and I hope someone can let me know if it is reasonable.
Patio door specs - Simonton Reflections 5500, Argon, LowE, Super Spacer, White. Standard 72x80.
Labor - remove existing patio and storm door - cut back Aluminum siding. Install new patio door. Install 1x4 trim boards, wrap boards with aluminum coil stock. Install interior extension jamb and reinstall interior trim. Leave job site clean. Total price is $1770. Does this seem reasonable for the Chicagoland area?

E-Z

#2 Post by E-Z »

If they are supplying the door it is reasonable. if the quote is just for labor at least for San Francisco Bay Area Standards that is kind of high.
I would charge for labor from 600 to 800 dollars for a vinyl door...of course for a wood door the price would go up..

Hope it helps

E-Z
www.eazywindows.com

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I also agree that it is reasonable. A large percentage of companies in Chicagoland will be very close to that for vinyl.