new here, need help

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
karose

new here, need help

#1 Post by karose »

We are just starting our search for the right windows for us. We are in eastern PA, near the Delaware Water Gap and need at least 9 replacement windows. We are having a really hard time locating what brands and where we can see them. Champion, Windowwizard and window world are the big dealers in the area. Other than that, it's Home Depot, Lowes, and Sears or in home visits. I am not comfortable with in home visits, until we narrow it down.

Can anyone give some suggestions????

Thanks for your help!

Windows on Washington

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Keep reading this board to start with and use the search engine. After that, take a look at your neighbors homes and see who has new windows and from whom they got them. That should keep you busy for a little bit.

DerbyDad03

#3 Post by DerbyDad03 »

You said you're not comfortable with home visits yet, but that might be the best idea.

Perhaps the pros won't like this, but why not have a couple of home visits so you can learn what you need to know before you start your research?

I didn't even know what questions to ask until I talked to a window person. Basically I didn't even know what I didn't know. Once I met with a couple of pros, I knew what to go off and look for. In the end, I came back to one of the pros and purchased from his company, so in the end I didn't waste anybody's time. Perhaps the same will happen with you.

JScott

#4 Post by JScott »

Do the in-home consultations. You don't have to buy from pressure and keep reminding yourself that YOU are the deciding factor. Maybe do a run by there showroom or place of business to look at the windows then decide who( or whom?) you want to INVITE into YOUR home. I am not fond of any of the products you mentioned. Good luck. I hope this helps.