Simonton Prism Platinum or Sunrise Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
RM1111

Simonton Prism Platinum or Sunrise Windows

#1 Post by RM1111 »

Hello All, Newbie here, got a couple of quotes for 12 double hung vinyl windows In the Northwest subs of chicago. I was wondering how these 2 windows stack up to each other. Price is about the same , $5700.00 for the simonton windows. Is this high? Also, is the reflection 5300,5500, or maybe 9800 series better than the prism plat series for simonton? Also, can anybody recommend a good schuco dealer around chicago? Thanks

Ray

Windows on Washington

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Depends on what window in the Sunrise line you are talking about.

Prism Platinum is basically a 5500 with an upgraded glass pack if I am not mistaken.

9800 is basically their top offerin but that is primarily because of a little more aesthetic detailing on the inside. Otherwise, the 5500, Platinum, and 9800 are fairly comparable.

RM1111

#3 Post by RM1111 »

Thanks WonWash, I don't know what line the sunrise windows are? I looked at there website site and I can't find a line or series of windows. Can anybody tell me the different series in sunrise windows and which is better or comparible to the simonton plat/5500/9800 so I can ask the contractor/installer.

RM1111

#4 Post by RM1111 »

Got a reply with the dealer and he says that sunrise only makes 1 window now. Sunrise window is $36 more expensive than the simonton.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Sunrise does not make only one window to my knowledge. There are two windows that are based upon the same frame and sash profile but have a couple of different options to them. There is the Sunrise Vanguard and the Restoration. The Restorations line is the more expensive of the two but is basically the same window minus some more window foam and fiberglass.

RM1111

#6 Post by RM1111 »

Thanks WonWash. I will ask him again which line he only carries, but are both sunrise lines equal, better, or worst than simonton prism plat.