Replacing windows in Seattle

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
allenzhang

Replacing windows in Seattle

#1 Post by allenzhang »

Hi, there:

Move into my new house and found out that all of the windows need to be replaced. Have gotten quotes from HomeDepot, LBL and Pella (fiberglass) for 9 openings:
4 (quarter slider, half picture),
1 bay window,
1 small double hung,
1 above entrance door picture with half round top,
1 living room window (2 quarter casements + half picture plus small ones on the top) and
1 kitchen (either slide or garden)),

the prices quoted were from 20K to 23K plus tax. Looking around the board, that price seems differ quite a bit from the prices that people posting on the board. What gives?

Didn't like the LBL window. Nor very impresses with Imprevia after seeing the windows in the showroom. On the other hand, the Pella wood bay window with third glass + blinds in window seems very attractive. But then again I was told it will double the imprevia price. HD windows have lifetime + glass breakage which is peace of mind. But there were horriable stories on HD installer.

Any feedback on the windows (HD 6500, Pella Imprevia, Milgard/Marvin/Andersen).

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank in adavance.
[/list]

allenzhang

Correction

#2 Post by allenzhang »

Didn't mean it was a new construction.

It is an older house. circa 1990 with WeatherVan windows. Some window has rotted horribly.

JScott

#3 Post by JScott »

Milgard is in your back yard with plants in Tacoma. I believe Newman glass is a dealer.