Vinyl Bay Windows - not available at Simonton and Jeld-Wen?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
kehlar

Vinyl Bay Windows - not available at Simonton and Jeld-Wen?

#1 Post by kehlar »

First, a thank you to the website host. This website has been extremely helpful for my research in window replacement.

I'm in the process of getting bids for replacement of 11 windows and 2 patio doors. So far I've had one: Milgard Styleline for around $7800. However after doing some research I've decided against the Styleline and would like to go with either the Milgard Classic, Simonton or Jeld-Wen. I'll be going to a showroom tomorrow to take a look at the windows in person before making a final decision.

I'm considering converting two 6x3 slider windows into bay windows. I'm unable to find any vinyl bay windows on the Jeld-Wen website, and was able to find only one style on the Simonton website (the Impressions Woodgrain, doesn't sound like one I would want). I'm very surprised by this. Does anyone know if this is indeed the case or are the websites just not up-to-date?

How much trouble is it to install a bay window into a regular window space? Is it significantly more expensive? Is there any con to having a bay window? Since my windows are 6x3, it'll likely have to be enlarged vertically. Also, does anyone know how much more does a Milgard Classic window cost more than the Styleline window?

Thanks in advance.

Skydawggy

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

Simonton makes Bay and Bow windows in the Impressions, Reflections, and Prism lines. They can be purchased with every option that any other window in these lines can be ordered.

http://www.simonton.com/contractor/prod ... n=2&bhcp=1

Try this link.

kehlar

#3 Post by kehlar »

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available in California. On the Simonton website if I click Product, then the state of California on the map, it only gives me one style of bay window.

Skydawggy

#4 Post by Skydawggy »

Hmmmm.. Interesting. I'd contact a dealer and ask him. I can't imagine that's the only configuration offered in the West.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Simonton makes them anyway you want them. I can see no reason why they would abandon that business on the west coast. You may not have argon fill available because the breather tube requirements but that is all I can see.

Windowman

#6 Post by Windowman »

Yes they do make them, I used to buy from them so I know for a fact they do.

earwax

#7 Post by earwax »

Simonton and Jeld-Wen both make bay windows. JW comes with a head and seat board and jamb extenders built in as well.