help me

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
tenngirl

help me

#1 Post by tenngirl »

Hi, about a month ago I replaced all of my windows.but I immediately noticed that the windows were improperly installed; most of my windows are crooked (if that makes sense) one of the window does not shut completely. I told the company the first day that windows were put in incorrectly and they agreed to fix them. But I have been contacting the same company for about a month now and they just keep giving me the run around. I don’t know what I should do. I have already paid them in cash.help…

Help me

#2 Post by Guest »

Were are you located? What is the companys name ? Tell them your going to take action with the BBB.

www.mjswindows.com

tenngirl

#3 Post by tenngirl »

TN, thermal industries

smallfry

help me

#4 Post by smallfry »

For the person in TN with the faulty installation. I too had the same problem. This is what I did to try to remedy the situation.

First of all read your warranty to find out just what is covered. Legally according to the UCC you have a right to full replacement of product that does not work for the manner in which it was designed (definitely your case).

Call the manufacturer of the windows and lodge a complaint. Ask the manufacturer to contact the installer to remedy the situation. Most often it ends there.

There is also a website www.complaints.com where you can write about your experiance. Be sure to include the name of the installer/sales company in the Topic so if anyone looks them up on the internet they will see your complaint. I would hold off on this as a last resort....but you can threaten the installer with this.

If they do not respond write a letter to the installer notifying them that you will contact the BBB if you do not have someone at your house within X days to remedy the situation. Send it certified so you know they will receive it. Send a copy of the letter to the MFG also.

If they do not contact you call the BBB and file a formal complaint. This is a long process which can take a couple of months depending on where you are located. If you get into arbitration the BBB decision is legally binding. If you do go into arbitration look up your rights on the FTC website. As I said before you are covered under the UCC.

I also used a website such as this and listed their name with my bad expericance. The next day I heard from the mfg. A lot of people in the business read these websites.

Good Luck!

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#5 Post by Window4U (IL) »

tenngirl wrote:TN, thermal industries
Thermal Industries is strictly a manufacturer.
Are you sure it was them, or could you be thinking of ThermoView Industries by chance?? Similar name, but different companies.