Round vinyl windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jpjensen

Round vinyl windows

#1 Post by jpjensen »

Hello
I am a contractor in Alaska. I am trying to find out if I can get a round vinyl window 18" in diameter. Most manufacturer's make a 24" diameter as their smallest. Anyone?
Thanks

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Wow, I can't believe you are from Cordova. I used to work in Cordova for North Pacific Rim Housing Authority putting siding and windows on the eyak housing there in the mid 90's. I even met my wife Rosa(the netmender) and my stepson in Cordova. I was up in Alaska for a few years racing and training my sled dog teams.

To your question. I don't know off hand if anyone makes one that size. None of my suppliers do. It seems pretty small. If you find one, it will probably have a molded frame.
One suggestion would be to contact Allied Building Supply in Anchorage. Lowes or Home Depot in Anchorage would be another suggestion for special ordering one if available. Another idea would be Capitol Glass. They might have something available in a commercial catalog.
Another "last hope" suggestion would be to look at the old salvage boats in Cordova. If it would suffice, an old brass porthole might be charming for a home in Cordova. They also sell them pretty cheap on ebay.

jpjensen

#3 Post by jpjensen »

Hey
to window4u (IL) thanks for the reply. tell Rosa PJ and Ila say hello. Small world. I,ll keep checking for those windows.