Who makes windows using Low E3/366 or Solarban 70XL?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
skytag

Who makes windows using Low E3/366 or Solarban 70XL?

#1 Post by skytag »

I live in central Florida, where keeping the heat out is by far our main requirement for energy efficient windows. (They're predicting 91°F here for this Friday, Oct 19.) The front of my house faces west and I have windows that get full sun until the sun sets. So I'm interested in getting the lowest SHGC and UV transmission possible with maximal visible light transmission (i.e., no tinting).

Based on my research, Cardinal's Low E3/366 or PPG's Solarban 70XL are both good options, with a SHGC of 0.27 and UV transmission of 6%, but I'd like to know some good window manufacturers with dealers my area who can offer windows that use one of these glasses. I'm basically between Tampa and Orlando. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, does anyone know how much more expensive these coatings are compared to the more commonly available Low E3/270 and Solarban 60?

Thanks.

Windows on Washington

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Your best bet might be to contact Cardinal and see who buys their glass. I know that the Low-e3 is in the Milgard window but can't speak specifically where it is from there.

randy

#3 Post by randy »

I offer Don Young thermally broken aluminum windows, and I can get Cardinal's 366 in them for an additional 50 cents per UI.

As far as I know, Don Young is not available in Florida. I agree with WOW on locating a manufacturer.

earwax

#4 Post by earwax »

Milgard is not in Florida. Look at the old SeasonShield Product. It was bought by Jeld-Wen and offers the 366. I also believe that MI on the east coast does as well. Also....check the MW window. I think they all use cardinal.

harpo

#5 Post by harpo »

Just curious - i posted a reply that Lindsay window company would be a possible choice becouse they use the cardinal 366 and it has been erased. Do you guys have something against Lindsay windows??

skytag

#6 Post by skytag »

- Lindsay is only available in the midwest. Milgard is not available here either.

- Certainteed's web site makes no mention of a glass with the characteristics of Solarban 70XL.

- Jeld-Wen uses LowE3-366, and they're available at Lowes or Home Depot. What are they like? It wouldn't be my preference to get my windows from Lowes or Home Depot.