Simonton Qoute - Is this good?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jeffzy

Simonton Qoute - Is this good?

#1 Post by jeffzy »

I recieved a qoute for 13 DH, 2 sliders and one single hung with the following options: colonial grids, 1" glass, Superspacer and keepsafe laminate. The qoute is $575.00 per window. They will be new construction, I am replacing the siding at the same time, and includes the following work : Trim the inside with extension jambs, window sills and blocks with fluted trim. Is this a good qoute? .The qoute also came with a qoute to replace my siding with crane solid core siding.

Windowman

#2 Post by Windowman »

Im not sure about your area, but could be lower depending on things like:
Does the window installer know the siding will be off on the outside?
Myself when I quote it, it would be lower because I wouldnt have to do
as much on the outside of the house. What type of windows do you have
now? wood, alum? If they are wood are you leaving the wood jamb or
will remove the jamb you go back to the framing of the house making
the windows a little bigger 5 or 6 inches roughly?

jeffzy

#3 Post by jeffzy »

I have vinyl replacement windows, mercury excelum thermo-vyne installed. They were installed by the previous owner in 2000. He did not get any options such as LowE or argon. Everything is capped in aluminum. Also, I was planning on having one contractor do the windows and siding. fyi - I live in PA.

Skydawggy

#4 Post by Skydawggy »

Unless your windows are very small, that"s a good quote if it's for the 7500 or Prism Platinum IMO since it includes SS, grids and laminated glass.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Skydawggy wrote:Unless your windows are very small, that"s a good quote if it's for the 7500 or Prism Platinum IMO since it includes SS, grids and laminated glass.
+1

That is very competitve figuring that you have the laminated glass pack and other options as Sky said.

jeffzy

Simonton Qoute

#6 Post by jeffzy »

The qoute is for the simonton 5500. Is it still a good qoute for that model?

Windows on Washington

Re: Simonton Qoute

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

jeffzy wrote:The qoute is for the simonton 5500. Is it still a good qoute for that model?
Yes. I think Skydawggy just had a mis print there. The 5500 and the prism platinum are basically the same window.

Bill

#8 Post by Bill »

The Simonton Generations product from Norandex is a 7500. We had the 7500 when it was offered as a private label line.

Bill

Skydawggy

Re: Simonton Qoute

#9 Post by Skydawggy »

Windows on Washington wrote:
jeffzy wrote:The qoute is for the simonton 5500. Is it still a good qoute for that model?
Yes. I think Skydawggy just had a mis print there. The 5500 and the prism platinum are basically the same window.
Doh...for some reason I was thinking he lived in Ca. even though he clearly said he lived n Pa. I gotta watch that late night posting. :shock: