Milgard Tuscany

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
drumdoc

Milgard Tuscany

#1 Post by drumdoc »

Does anyone have a take on these windows. We were close to locking in on Thermastar (best bang for the buck, 35 windows) until we saw the Milgard Tuscany. It appears to be built at least a little better, U and SHGC is impressive, Smart Touch Lock is also impressive. I figure the quote will come in 2K to 3K more. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Windows on Washington

Re: Milgard Tuscany

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

drumdoc wrote:Does anyone have a take on these windows. We were close to locking in on Thermastar (best bang for the buck, 35 windows) until we saw the Milgard Tuscany. It appears to be built at least a little better, U and SHGC is impressive, Smart Touch Lock is also impressive. I figure the quote will come in 2K to 3K more. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
If they have all their ducks in a row...it is a nice window and the factory backed service warranty is very nice as well. Thermastar (ie Lowes/Pella) is think junk if I recall.

JScott

#3 Post by JScott »

Best bang for the buck initially. Over the long term you will want these replaced as well.

54 million windows were made in 2004 with over half of them made to replace windows 3-8 years old that did not meet the performance of the homeowners.

You can't trade them in and inserting a CD will not upgrade them to junk 2.0