Need help with 8200 double hung windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Loribop

Need help with 8200 double hung windows

#1 Post by Loribop »

I moved into a new condo and tried to clean the double hung windows, inside and out. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but two of the windows came off the hinges and a 1" flat metal piece come out of each, both snapped off and broken. The parts have one round end. I guess I opened the window incorrectly. My questions are: 1) How do I open the windows to clean in the future without breaking them again? 2) How do I replace the part that is broken as I can no longer open or close these two windows? Where do I get the parts and how do I fix them? Most of the condo was done by Home Depot, but I do not know the origin of he windows. There is a sticker which reads"White 8200 double hung prime F8-sash-bt Le Argon col 1H2V 36.6250X25.4375 Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Windows on Washington

Re: Need help with 8200 double hung windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Loribop wrote:I moved into a new condo and tried to clean the double hung windows, inside and out. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but two of the windows came off the hinges and a 1" flat metal piece come out of each, both snapped off and broken. The parts have one round end. I guess I opened the window incorrectly. My questions are: 1) How do I open the windows to clean in the future without breaking them again? 2) How do I replace the part that is broken as I can no longer open or close these two windows? Where do I get the parts and how do I fix them? Most of the condo was done by Home Depot, but I do not know the origin of he windows. There is a sticker which reads"White 8200 double hung prime F8-sash-bt Le Argon col 1H2V 36.6250X25.4375 Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
It sounds like the pivot bar on the bottom rail of the sash and maybe some associated balance components. Not sure who makes that window but somebody on here probably knows and will point you in the right direction.

Look for a manufacturers name somewhere on the window.