Hey all, have been researching for new windows. We are in our first house,and won't stay here long, so don't need the best windows money can buy. Got a few qoutes today,and are trying to decide on a couple of issues.
1. does it really matter if the frame is filled with foam??
2. is the fusion welded frame that much better than a screwed one??
3. is the low E and argon option worth it??
Please, not looking for a fight, just need to know a few opionions, Thanks
1. No, not really. Gives you a little better condensation resistance rating and slightly better frame performance but not significant when compared to a good multi-chambered vinyl frame.
2. Yes. It should be cheaper for that matter as well. Requires less hands to touch it.
3. Yes. Shouldn't buy a window without it.