Here we go again...

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
TNHomeowner

Here we go again...

#1 Post by TNHomeowner »

If we are going to replace our windows, I think we finally found the company. No real sales pitch, just took our interests into account and presented us with mid-range windows, saying we could get lower or higher if desired. Here is the rough estimate (full to follow):

Master Legacy Series: ~$1900
Sugarcreek or Softlite Imperial: ~$2400-2500

What do you think of these brands? I have read a bit on Sugarcreek and Softlite, but I haven't been able to find anything on Master (though I do have a brochure). All are EnergyStar and have transferable lifetime warranties.

buddy110

#2 Post by buddy110 »

Stay far away from Softlight. They have a host of QC issues.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

buddy110 wrote:Stay far away from Softlight. They have a host of QC issues.
It is actually Soft-Lite, not Softlight and where did you hear of quality control issues. I have been using their product for some time and have yet to have an issue.

What information are you basing that statement on? Please share.

buddy110

#4 Post by buddy110 »

Perhaps they have gotten better but I was selling thier product two years ago, they were farming all the IGU's to edge seal. Those IGUs were poorly sealed and had poly butly all over the glass. Softlight refused to clean them prior to shipping them. The painted program was fraught with issues and thier general QC stunk. I would get crooked grids, broken locks, ad infinitum. Lead times were promised but they were always late (HM was part of that reason). The patio doors were terrible.

Roy is a great guy and his plant was clean. The staff there was great, very contractor friendly. I will say they tried very hard to get things right but I had to bail.