soft-lite - New 'robotic' construction = better window??

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
busy1

soft-lite - New 'robotic' construction = better window??

#1 Post by busy1 »

I am told that Soft-Lite's Imperial windows are now manufactured differently as of this year, using some robotic process? Supposedly cleaner welds, cleaner finish - Can anyone here who has dealt with Soft-Lite characterize this difference and substantiate this claim? Thanks

Delaware Mike

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

It's all true. Their robotics are state of the art. I've toured the plant and have installated plenty of Imperials. Very clean fit and finished product with performance numbers that lead the industry. The Elements is their flagship model, but the Imperial LS is pretty close for a little less. I do think that the nod may be with the new locking system utilized in the Elements.

To get the Imperial stealth locks or their automatic locks to work smoothly the windows must be measured and installed perfectly. If the window is just ever so lightly racked at all, the locks will never work correctly. Not a problem for experienced installers, but a new guy on the crew might have some problems as they usually are not testing operation more than once or twice before they move on to the next hole.

To answer your question, the new Imperial is a comletely different window than the DH-10 that was made in the past. They revamped the plant with German made robotic welders and other various computer controlled equipment. What we are seeing as an end result is tighter and more consistant tolerances and it all started with better engineering and a great design.

Windows on Washington

Re: soft-lite - New 'robotic' construction = better window??

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

busy1 wrote:I am told that Soft-Lite's Imperial windows are now manufactured differently as of this year, using some robotic process? Supposedly cleaner welds, cleaner finish - Can anyone here who has dealt with Soft-Lite characterize this difference and substantiate this claim? Thanks
Cleaner...yes. More importantly, tolerances are very tight and that yeilds a very sturdy and tight window.

End result...very nice window with great performance numbers.