Alside Ultramax, Accu-Weld 2500, or CertainTeed BrynMawrII

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#16 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

Accu-weld should not be part of this equasion. Questionable service and quality. Their on a par with Silverline, in fact I'd give a nod to Silverline because of service. Home Depot usually runs higher than buying from your local Simonton dealer, who BTW if something went wrong I'm sure would service you better than HD.
I really started this post to echo window4u's comments with that price on Schuco's in your part of the country your shopping should be over if their a reputable dealer.

chumphr56

#17 Post by chumphr56 »

Reason I hesitate re: the Schuco is that I was/am a little concerned about the sales rep...

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#18 Post by Window4U (IL) »

chumphr56 wrote:Reason I hesitate re: the Schuco is that I was/am a little concerned about the sales rep...
Bad BBB record? ...Bad installations? ...Bad hygiene? Sleazy tactics? Could you expound on the reason? Thanks.

chumphr56

#19 Post by chumphr56 »

See - unlike the other companies that came out they didn't have paperwork for me. No business card left etc... So I emailed the fellow and asked for the name of the company, licence # etc. He sent. I will call Schuco tomorrow as they were apparently sent to me via Schuco. Don't know something just doesn't feel right and it is still a lot of money. So we will see.

chumphr56

Schuco - Ideal additional questions

#20 Post by chumphr56 »

Is the Schuco triple pane window in MD overkill? I understand the quote for $5300 for Double-hung (under 100 UI) was/is a good quote. This is for simulated wood-grain. Do you think this too good to be true?

I was given the following quote for Ideal Windows. Fair?

Ideal 4500, Low-e/argon, foam filled frames. U value .3
white inside and out ; Installed all 9 = $3555
Almond inside/out : installed all 9 = $3825

Ideal Perfict Fit: Low-e/argon U value .35
white inside out: installed all 9 = $3240
almond insode/out: Installed: all 9 = $3465

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: Schuco - Ideal additional questions

#21 Post by Window4U (IL) »

chumphr56 wrote:Is the Schuco triple pane window in MD overkill? I understand the quote for $5300 for Double-hung (under 100 UI) was/is a good quote. This is for simulated wood-grain. Do you think this too good to be true?
It's not too good to be true, it's just a very good price and a good value for the product. You are getting triple pane energy saving performance for the price of double panes.

As far as being overkill, I'd 100% say no. Anyone that says it is overkill must then believe that insulation in the walls or attic is also overkill. Why would anyone insulate the walls to R19 and the attic to R60 then think R3 is good enough for the windows? (the #1 source of heat loss.)

In the years to come, the Energy Star program won't even recognize windows with such low insulation values as today's double-paned low-e windows. The U-values in windows are only going to keep getting better and better as time passes.

chumphr56

#22 Post by chumphr56 »

Thanks

samlab

#23 Post by samlab »

Holy Cow those are great prices turn me on to your widows people...as in NOW.

I just got a quote on Imperial LS for 4500 8 windows and it could have been much less IMHO.....

Bill

Windows on Washington

Re: Schuco - Ideal additional questions

#24 Post by Windows on Washington »

chumphr56 wrote:Is the Schuco triple pane window in MD overkill? I understand the quote for $5300 for Double-hung (under 100 UI) was/is a good quote. This is for simulated wood-grain. Do you think this too good to be true?

I was given the following quote for Ideal Windows. Fair?

Ideal 4500, Low-e/argon, foam filled frames. U value .3
white inside and out ; Installed all 9 = $3555
Almond inside/out : installed all 9 = $3825

Ideal Perfict Fit: Low-e/argon U value .35
white inside out: installed all 9 = $3240
almond insode/out: Installed: all 9 = $3465
Was that for Schuco triple pane. Schuco has a double pane/intercept spacer window that is affordably priced these days. Are you sure that is not what you were getting quoted...?

chumphr56

#25 Post by chumphr56 »

Classic Windows and Doors in Takoma Park, MD is who quoted. Triple pane.