Schucco: Nu-View DC Metro Area

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
vdotmatrix

Schucco: Nu-View DC Metro Area

#1 Post by vdotmatrix »

Schucco windows were recommended to us, on the old board by FenX.

We contracted Nu-View of Clifton, the only Schucco people in the DC Metro area, to install a battery of windows in late April early May of this year 2005.

These windows are incredible. TRIPLE PANE, KRYPTON. You almost don't need blinds on the eastside/sunny side windows on our house! they are quiet, and i cannot say enough about them.

The big sales shpeel was for the Schuuco 3-part slider to replace our picture window in the living room...fine lets do it.

The problem was the initial installation, in my ametueur opinion, did not square the custom opening properly and the sill tilts down, so in turn the window's frame tilts down and when the window / slider is opened inward it strikes the high point of the frame preventing it's opening. Since this an isolated incident, a special representative from Schucco USA out of Conneticuit is flying in to investigate and document this failure. The other sliders in our home work like a dream. It is quite a unique window mechanism.

I spoke with George Jr. this evening; I am a bit embarrassed for being a little over Zealous on this Board;this is a powerful tool.

Nu-View as a company is so professional in every aspect of it's operation in this D.C. Metro market that if you buy anything else other than Schucco, you are not buying the best possible product and technology in the current window industry for your money.

Phase one Successful 8)
Last edited by vdotmatrix on Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

HipKat

#2 Post by HipKat »

I agree, the Schuco windows are great, but it looks like your problem is in the casing/frame not being square. In my experience, having sold Schuco windows, large (heightwise) sliders are a little difficult to close sometimes, but not like what you are describing. If the window is actually hitting the channel on the casing, then it is an install problem, for sure.

I would definitely take furthur steps, if it's been 2 months, like you said, and call some of the third parties that should be able to help you.
Don't waste your time with the BBB yet, for one, it'll cost you a coule of bucks to file, and two, as long as the company says they answered your claim, the BB will possibley consider the case satisfied.
As for the trim, most companies, and your install agrement may have been diferent, do not paint or stain interior trim, as a rule.

vdotmatrix

#3 Post by vdotmatrix »

HipKat wrote:I agree, the Schuco windows are great, but it looks like your problem is in the casing/frame not being square. In my experience, having sold Schuco windows, large (heightwise) sliders are a little difficult to close sometimes, but not like what you are describing. If the window is actually hitting the channel on the casing, then it is an install problem, for sure.

I would definitely take furthur steps, if it's been 2 months, like you said, and call some of the third parties that should be able to help you.
Don't waste your time with the BBB yet, for one, it'll cost you a coule of bucks to file, and two, as long as the company says they answered your claim, the BB will possibley consider the case satisfied.
As for the trim, most companies, and your install agrement may have been diferent, do not paint or stain interior trim, as a rule.
Thanks, Oh there wa no agreement about the trim but the point is i can't do anything like paint or even put the blinds up... because i don't know if they are going to yank the thing out and start over again.

I really hate to do anything because they are very professional but this has been too long.

handyman19619

#4 Post by handyman19619 »

they need to shim under the window
sorry but some of my replys never get posted if you need me to elaborate with more specific instructions i will try tomorrow if the powers that be post this answer

windowmanpa

nuview will know about this in the AM

#5 Post by windowmanpa »

we will keep in touch!