replacement windows, wood vinyl clad, South Central WI

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
barks25

#16 Post by barks25 »

Well to continue where I stopped. I have been to quite a few home shows now and have seen lots of windows and companies. I think that most people buy windows out of desperation and lack of real information. I seem to have the most difficult time getting window people to talk about the "real stuff". Anyway I have found a real reasonably priced fiberglass made by Pella called Imperiva. The only issue I have is that they don't make casements. They have double hung, single hung and fixed. They don't offer a lot of color choices but there pricing is that of vinyls. I would like to know if anybody has experience with this model of window...is it too good to be true?

buddy110

#17 Post by buddy110 »

barks25 wrote:Well to continue where I stopped. I have been to quite a few home shows now and have seen lots of windows and companies. I think that most people buy windows out of desperation and lack of real information. I seem to have the most difficult time getting window people to talk about the "real stuff". Anyway I have found a real reasonably priced fiberglass made by Pella called Imperiva. The only issue I have is that they don't make casements. They have double hung, single hung and fixed. They don't offer a lot of color choices but there pricing is that of vinyls. I would like to know if anybody has experience with this model of window...is it too good to be true?

Not a fan of anything Pella makes.

WindowInfo

#18 Post by WindowInfo »

barks25 wrote: Anyway I have found a real reasonably priced fiberglass made by Pella called Imperiva. The only issue I have is that they don't make casements. They have double hung, single hung and fixed. They don't offer a lot of color choices but there pricing is that of vinyls. I would like to know if anybody has experience with this model of window...is it too good to be true?
Maybe its me but every time I see the Pella Impervia at a Home Show I think its the most ugliest window at that show. I really cant believe people purchase it. It looks terrible and the numbers are not that impressive. Thats just my opinion

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#19 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

barks25, what do you consider a reasonable price from Pella? and do they still have that ugly weatherstrip visible on the top outside the jamb.

barks25

#20 Post by barks25 »

While I do agree the numbers are not that impressive, they're not bad either. I think the window should be able to hold the numbers it has because it is fiberglass rather than vinyl. This is the reason I am asking if anybody has bad experience with this window. I will have to look to see if the ugly weatherstrip is used. The cost of a 20" x 38" double hung pocket window is $236 (plus install, shouldn't be too bad considering pocket install). A full replacement window would be a bit less (but definitely more labor involved). I would like to have a casement style (available someday?) instead of the double hung. However I would like to know of any bad experiences with this window. I know the window "isn't as beautiful" as a Milgard or Marvin, but both of these are a lot more money to get fiberglass. Thanks for any help concerning my questions.

Guy

#21 Post by Guy »

I haven't posted here for awhile because I'm so blasted busy. But it's nice and quiet in the office this morning. So I'll offer my nickels worth on this one. I've installed a couple jobs with the Pella Impervia window. I haven't had an issue with any of them at all. They aren't the most beautifully designed window but they're tough and rigid. I'd use them in my house with out a doubt it was one of my options.

The Thermo Tech window is the one I sell daily to my customers. I think you've looked at the one in Canada, mine is the one in Minnesota. Their websites are so close to the same spelling I had to look and make sure. My manufacturer is www.thermo-techwindows.com with the one in Canada not having the hyphen. Kind of through me off for a second. Personally I'll take these windows any day of the week. I have a great relationship with them and hardly ever have any issues. If I have any issues they take care of it in a very timely manner. I'd recommend them to our neighboring state any day.

On another note to my friendly neighbor, I'd like to offer my sincere condolences on the retirement of #4 - Bret Favre. Being a born and bread Vikings fan all my life, I can't tell you how many times I was hating the #4. But in all fairness and honesty he was one of the greatest players I'd ever had a chance to see in my life. Hands down the best quarterback I've watched. Even I will miss watching him play!!!

barks25

#22 Post by barks25 »

It has been almost two weeks since my last post and over a week since the last response to the post.

I would have thought there would be many installers, dealers, and home owners in North America that have had both positive and negative experiences with Pella Impervia. I always thought that Pella was a large company with distribution everywhere compared to a local manufacturer.

Does anybody have experience with Impervia beyond the few responses I have received?

My thanks to "Guy" as this is the type of info I am looking to find. I do however appreciate any info about the windows.

Fortunately/Unfortunately, I am originally from Chicago and my NFC team spirit is elsewhere.