soliciting comments on my Schuco quote

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Patty

soliciting comments on my Schuco quote

#1 Post by Patty »

Soliciting opinions about my Schuco window quote.

Double paned w/krypton. White. No grids. Dimensions approx. Installation included.

19 DH – below 100 ui = $810 each
2 DH – below 100 ui = $724 each (in the garage)
1 DH tempered – below 100 ui = $1152
3 picture (35”x59”) each = $807
1 picture (59” x 59”) = $876
1 picture (59” x 70”) = $876
1 picture (72” x 59”) tempered $1410.
3 (horiz.) sliders )59”x48” = $1076 each.
1 3-Lite (71”x59”) = $1416
2 half rounds abt 36” diameter = $1198 each (each goes above a DH)
1 half round abt 72” diameter = $1230 (this goes above 2 DH)
1 picture w/half round of 36” dia. on top of the “rectangular part” – rect. Part is about 35“ x 48” = $1672

Grids would be $75 on a DH and $80 on a half round and $158 on that rounded picture .

He mentioned DH under 100 ui are all the same price – regardless if it is my little bathroom window or the majority of my windows of abt 36”x59”.

(I have cheap wood windows currently that are designed like vinyl windows – ie. no trim, recessed from the wall – they are rotting on outside, many have seals failed. Double pane, no lo-e, no gas, aluminum spacer. “Any” new window is going to seem great to us but I am trying to make an educated decision rather than buy “any” window.)

I am in CO and have a stucco home, there might be some trouble installation-wise (I put an earlier post about my stucco covering my current window frames) so I don’t know what part is installation vs. window. I know CO would mean more transportation cost from CT (ie. window prices might be higher than east) but don’t know how much is reasonable. I was hoping if I do all my windows in one shot rather than phases I would get a good deal. But I am wondering – do you think this is a good deal? (It doesn’t strike me as such w/my limited knowledge) Do these prices sound like I should try to negotiate? I listed by window type in case someone sees something “glaring”. I don’t want to take away from installation costs but I don’t want to overpay either.

Musings: I believe it would be $8K more to go w/Schuco (w/above prices) vs. Champion (double pane w/argon) for example. I won’t realize that in energy savings anytime soon as I compared DH for those 2 and they both look like U.29. Schuco looks more upscale imho – many of the houses on my street have nice wood windows (but that would completely throw our interior look so I’m looking at vinyl). Softlite has no dealer here. I like the window sash look (detailing, smooth corner) & screens of Schuco better than other windows I’ve looked at but that seems a lot to pay for those differences. I’m not real interested in the heavier 3-pane to get further energy qualities.
Thanks so much for any insight – I really appreciate the information I have gotten from this board!

GREG AT THE BEACH

#2 Post by GREG AT THE BEACH »

There is always a price you pay for quality and with shuco you are getting quality. Alot of the price that you should consider is the company you are doing business. I would make sure that you have checked out the company althought most companies selling shuco are very good.I also know there are other companies out there that will sell you product that sorta compairs to schuco for less. The prices that you showed back east would be very good schuco prices. I live in PA and sell a good window as well. I would have to say althought other will not agree with me to get into top of the line DH you will be in that size at 800.00 to 900.00 a window.

buddy110

#3 Post by buddy110 »

GREG AT THE BEACH wrote:There is always a price you pay for quality and with shuco you are getting quality. Alot of the price that you should consider is the company you are doing business. I would make sure that you have checked out the company althought most companies selling shuco are very good.I also know there are other companies out there that will sell you product that sorta compairs to schuco for less. The prices that you showed back east would be very good schuco prices. I live in PA and sell a good window as well. I would have to say althought other will not agree with me to get into top of the line DH you will be in that size at 800.00 to 900.00 a window.
I concur. I am also on the east coast and top quality cost 900.00
I assume the schuco windows your looking at have TPS???? If not demand it for that price.

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#4 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

That's a nice size job, you should be able to get triple glazing at that price which would help in your local.