Schuco experience: is this normal and should I pursue it?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Anonymous

Schuco experience: is this normal and should I pursue it?

#1 Post by Anonymous »

With over two dozen windows to replace in an older home, and having read the suggestions on this board, I set up an appointment with a Schuco dealer, using their web site to request it. The dealer insisted that my wife be present (which is not easy for us), and called to confirm. I also arranged for my contractor to be present, to provide insight and advice.

Five minutes past the appointment time, the dealer calls to say that the rep has gotten held up at his previous appointment and won't make it one time. He is apologetic, I forgive him, and says he will call back the next day to reschedule.

He never calls back.

The general concensus on this board indicates that the Schuco window is perhaps the best there is. The other windows available in my area (southwest New Hampshire) are Harvey and Siminton. Given that, should I write off the Schuco dealer as not dependable and go with another window? If so, what would you suggest?

Thanks.