SCHUCO UPDATE

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Hugefire

Re: Schuco windows leaking

#16 Post by Hugefire »

JBechthold wrote:Thanks for the help. I have discussed this with FenEx as I did purchase my windows from him, he told me last Friday that he would check into a solution and get back to me by mid week, no respose so far from him and I am starting to get the feeling I am being jerked around.
If and when you or FenEx ever get a solution to your in-line sliders, can you send them over to my house when they're done with yours. I've been dealing with a problem in-line slider for two winters now. FenEx was able to get a Schuco rep to come out last year, and he said the problem warped sashes. Two new sashes later, the problem persists. I had to tape up the inside of the window with weatherseal tape this year because the whistling was so bad and it was scaring my four year old. Thankfully, I don't have the water issues that you have. FenEx has been able to get nowhere with Schuco regarding this. I've had a little better luck with Cindy Young at Schuco, and actually have the replacement bulb seals at my home. If only there was a way to install them. Hopefully we won't have to resort to the legal system for this, but if it comes to that, I'll be right there with you.

What really upsets me about the problem is that I was going to replace the original leaking slider with two double-hungs, but FenEx sold me on the slider because it was such a great window. The other two sliders that we replaced with double-hungs have been great.

I haven't spoken to FenEx for a couple of months now, but maybe I should give him a call to see where things stand. We are waiting for Schuco to send out a replacement sash for a picture window they screwed up on, and I've been getting the runaround from them for months now. "Found it in Shipping dept, It broke", etc. They've had the replacement order since November. What's strange is that I had a piece of glass crack in January when the temps were below zero( it was the middle pane of the three panes), and Cindy sent me the replacement sash within a couple of weeks, but the picture window is going on 6 months

insiderinfo

Schuco in-line sliders

#17 Post by insiderinfo »

The Schuco in-line slider in it's current form is problematic for many. Some homeowners have had no problems with the window but many others have.

Royal Technologies in Toronto, Canada, who extrudes the vinyl lineals for the inline, had worked up a redesign of the inline almost three years ago, which would have corrected the issues many of you now face. Schuco did not want to proceed forward. I assume the expense of retooling etc. had something to do with it as the redesign looked excellent. I have personally seen the redesign drawings, almost two years ago.

I have heard with my own ears within a group of Schuco employees, both Edgar and the VP of operations say that they would like to discontinue selling the inline slider.

The bulb seal replacement is just a stop gap measure for the issues you are now encountering. I'm sure Fenex has encountered a brick wall in trying to resolve the issues with Schuco.

insiderinfo

Schuco in-line sliders

#18 Post by insiderinfo »

Hugefire- I don't want to mislead anyone. I was an employee of Schuco, not a dealer. At the time I saw the prints for the "new" inline slider I was not working for Schuco. I was working for them when they made the comments about discontinuing the current inline based on field problems.

Good luck.

ThreeElkhounds

Re: SCHUCO UPDATE

#19 Post by ThreeElkhounds »

Okay, we had Schuco windows installed in our entire house 3 years ago. We have a 5-panel bow window, a kitchen garden window, multiple double-hung windows and 2 slider/glider windows. My problem is with the slider/glider windows. There is a plastic part at the top and bottom of the window that guides the direction of the window onto the track when opening and closing it. These plastic parts have cracked and broken in the past. The Minnesota company that installed our windows, Renaissance Exteriors, has sent me the parts previously and I have installed them myself, as they simply snap in. My problem is that they have broken on both of the windows again, and Renaissance Exteriors appears to no longer be in business, which is unfortunate as they were a great company and did a quality job on my home. So, how do I acquire parts for a Schuco window? I have e-mailed Schuco USA with no luck. Anyone?

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#20 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Call 1-877-472-4826. If you have no luck post again and I'll provide you another contact.

The company that bought them is: http://www.forcevenvironmental.com

JBechthold

#21 Post by JBechthold »

For warranty replacement parts you should go through your dealer, however if your dealer is no longer in busness you can call Carol at 860-616-0213 and she will send some out to you. I just receieved some just this week. If you open and close the windows too fast or they stick and cause you to have to push harder like mine that piece takes a real hit. Carol is very helpful, so you should be able to get the parts.

John

Hugefire

#22 Post by Hugefire »

FenEx came out last week and did the fixes I've been waiting on. So far, so good, but the wind hasn't really howled out of the right direction since he was here. I've got my fingers crossed that the whistling in-line slider is a thing of the past.

If you're still out there, thanks FenEx.

Mary56

#23 Post by Mary56 »

FenEx wrote:After literally dozens of calls from my office... none have been returned. I average 1-2 calls per week from custmers seeking solutions to product issues.

The conference call I mentioned with Schuco was never followed through with on their part.

I happened to catch and just got off the phone with Richard P., the somewhat recently appointed second in command at Schuco USA and tried to explain the problems that dealers and homeowners are having. He laughed. Let me say it again... He laughed... and stated that he would forward the message.

From Window&Door Magazine:
Force V Environmental has purchased Schüco USA’s vinyl window division. A new company headed up by longtime Schüco employee Richard Porosky

Is this the same Richard P that FenEx is talking about ?

buddy110

#24 Post by buddy110 »

Mary56 wrote:
FenEx wrote:After literally dozens of calls from my office... none have been returned. I average 1-2 calls per week from custmers seeking solutions to product issues.

The conference call I mentioned with Schuco was never followed through with on their part.

I happened to catch and just got off the phone with Richard P., the somewhat recently appointed second in command at Schuco USA and tried to explain the problems that dealers and homeowners are having. He laughed. Let me say it again... He laughed... and stated that he would forward the message.

From Window&Door Magazine:
Force V Environmental has purchased Schüco USA’s vinyl window division. A new company headed up by longtime Schüco employee Richard Porosky

Is this the same Richard P that FenEx is talking about ?
One and the same. I'm not sure how 2 years equates to "long term" though.

Henry5

#25 Post by Henry5 »

I find the Force V article funny in the Window& Door.

Force V Environmental has purchased Schüco USA’s vinyl window division. A new company headed up by longtime Schüco employee Richard Porosky, Force V plans to move its operations from Connecticut to South Carolina and increase its focus on impact-resistant products and commercial storefronts.

Schüco USA had announced plans to exit the vinyl window business earlier this year. Its German parent company, Schüco International, had already sold its vinyl window operations as part of a strategic initiative to focus on its aluminum and solar systems worldwide.

Force V has pared back Schüco’s existing list of about 150 dealers to 20 to 25 core dealers ,
reports Chris Porosky, Force V spokesman and son of Richard Porosky. It plans to again expand when the new company is fully set up in January 2009. “We want to be small right now, and get our systems in place,” he explains. “We will plan to increase tremendously in January.”

Schüco has primarily focused on the residential vinyl window market. Force V will continue to focus on the residential market, with an increasing interest in vinyl storefronts.

“We’re the first company that we know of to offer all-vinyl storefronts,” Porosky says.

Force V will continue to service Schüco’s Northeast market, while adding business in the hurricane belt from the new Spartanburg County, S.C. facility. Porosky says the company will focus on developing an interactive Web site and accepting orders via email.
I bet they didnt cut back dealers they lost that many dealers...lol

windowman pa

#26 Post by windowman pa »

NEWS BREAK! REHAU has had store fronts plus curtin wall in vinyl for over 10 years! :D

wild willy

#27 Post by wild willy »

I have recently been in contact with Schuco over a warranty claim also- the windows I have had, and enjoyed for about a decade have started to fog up internally- On two sliders, there is a deposit or cloudiness between the triple-glazing. Schuco seems to be doing everything possible to prevent the claim- latest is they will replace the glass, but not cover installation or shipping- what do you want to be that the shipping costs will be so high as to make it cheaper to have their "quality, lifetime waranteed" product repaired locally?

I am getting quite disgruntled over the lack of customer support, and want any other potential buyers to see what kind of ride that they may be taken on. You would think that from a business perspective, that this would be a chance to enhance their reputation and, for the replacement cost of a couple panes of glass, they could have lots of free advertising by word-of-mouth about how well they supported their products.

I will advise as to the final outcome- if anyone wants to see if a lifetime warranty is really just that, or a catchy advertisement.

windowmike

#28 Post by windowmike »

Whow Nellie! Take a digital picture of your failed units and email them to Schuco. If accepted as a valid warranty claim they will get you new exact sized glass for only the cost of shipping it. All manufacturers have similar warranties. After ten tears the cost is prorated. Keep us informed please.

buddy110

#29 Post by buddy110 »

I'm dealing with similar issues as is willy. Being a X Schuco dealer I have been taking it on the chin with shiping costs since this whole thing started. Every service I request requires pictures, reports and documentation of all sorts. Then after a ten - twelve week ordeal I get a confirmantion the claim is warranteed. Another 4-5 weeks later the wrong parts arrive and I'm back to square one and $90.00 poorer. In the mean time my usualy patient customers are getting angrier and angrier. Who can blame them.

So I conclude that nothing has changed with Force V.

thermal99

#30 Post by thermal99 »

Force V did NOTHING to improve customer service?