Help with NFRC

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
henry-ny

Help with NFRC

#1 Post by henry-ny »

I just relocated from Chicago and bought a home on long island, I need to replace 25 windows and have two large bay windows installed. Is the NFRC a reliable place to check the efficiency of windows? The first salesman that came to the house said to us "We tested our windows ourselves... Based on our testing, our windows are the best" and I should not have any faith in what NFRC says. This sounds like complete BS to me.
I will be in this home for many years and want to get the best, most energy efficient windows out there... If anyone can suggest some companies or can point me in the right direction, ide appreciate it.

WindDoze

#2 Post by WindDoze »

Would you buy a car from a salesman who said "We do our own testing, and we're the best..Pay no attention to Consumer Reports or JD Power."

Imagine the prescription drug companies saying "Pay no attention to the FDA, we know better."

A reputable window professional would not hide from NFRC, he'd use it to establish his credibility. This guy is a tin man, run away!

HipKat

#3 Post by HipKat »

Exactly. Part of my pitch is talking about NFRC.ORG.....