Amerimax and colored frames...

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ruthless

Amerimax and colored frames...

#1 Post by ruthless »

I live in Southern California and I'm looking to replace my windows. I currently have single pane, clear, aluminum windows which are the worst thing possible. I would like to replace them with vinyl, but my HOA won't let me have white or beige frames. The only company that I found that makes "bronze" or black vinyl frames is Amerimax. Are these good windows?

Does anyone know of another company that makes "colored" vinyl frames? I know I can get fiberglass frames in the color I need, but they are super expensive. I have 5 windows and 1 patio door that need to be replaced.

Windows on Washington

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I am not real familiar with Amerimax and your area, however, the dark bronze laminate is available from several manufacturers here on the East Coast so I suspect that you have more than one option on the West Coast as well.

Cheryl

#3 Post by Cheryl »

I believe Amerimax paints the exterior of their frames, just as a few other manufacturers in Northern California.

ruthless

#4 Post by ruthless »

Amerimax does paint the exterior of their frames. In fact, they have 10 different colors to choose from. So far, this is the only company I have found who will do this for vinyl frames (at least in the southern california area).

I got a tip that International Window might have vinyl frames that come in the color I need. Unfortunately, I was also told that I would have to order at least 10 windows before they would consider making them in the color I need.

Are International better windows than Amerimax?

Patty

Vanguard has some colors

#5 Post by Patty »

I don't know if they sell in your area. I can't even find color choices on their website. But at a dealer's showroom I saw examples of Vanguard windows in earthtone, sandstone, wood grain. The dealer said that was one of the reasons they carry Vanguard because they give color options. I don't know if they have black or bronze.

Windows on Washington

Re: Vanguard has some colors

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

Patty wrote:I don't know if they sell in your area. I can't even find color choices on their website. But at a dealer's showroom I saw examples of Vanguard windows in earthtone, sandstone, wood grain. The dealer said that was one of the reasons they carry Vanguard because they give color options. I don't know if they have black or bronze.
You are referring to the Sunrise window and as of late, they did not have a dark bronze offering unless it was a painted option.

ruthless

#7 Post by ruthless »

Thanks for the info. I checked www.vanguardwindows.com and www.sunrisewindows.com, but neither one has frames in the color I need. Looks like I'm gonna have to go with the Amerimax windows.

Cheryl

#8 Post by Cheryl »

Good Morning,

What color are you looking for? I believe several manufacturers in Nor.Cal. have access to the same paint facility as Amerimax.

ruthless

#9 Post by ruthless »

Hello Cheryl,

I need "bronze" or a smiliar colored window frames. Unfortunately, in southern california, Amerimax and International are the only companies that I have found who make vinyl frames in the color I need.

Cheryl

#10 Post by Cheryl »

Hi Ruthless,

I know of 2 companies who paint frames in Southern Cal. One is West Coast Windows - they manufacture and install their windows in Southern California. Also, check out Polybau windows - they have several dealers in the Southern California Region. Good Luck!

Cheryl

ruthless

#11 Post by ruthless »

I checked and West Coast Windows is located in northern california and only sells their windows in that area. Anywayz, I spoke with a nice gentleman there who directed me to Colorcoat Inc (www.colorcoat.us). They are the company that "paints" the vinyl windows for Amerimax, etc. They will also come to your home and "paint" your installed vinyl windows, but I'm guessing this will affect your window's warranty.

Colorcoat does business with the following companies:
Amerimax
International
Empire Pacific Windows
Western Windows Inc
Royal Windows Inc
Brothers Nome Improvement

My questions now is (based on the list above) which windows can anyone recommend? I've heard of Amerimax and International, but does anyone have info on any of the other brands?