Anyone heard of 7 D Industries?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
pwindow1

Re: Anyone heard of 7 D Industries?

#16 Post by pwindow1 »

The numbers I was told to refer to is the DP rating and the NFRC labels that were on the glass. The DP rating for the 7-D windows I have is a DP-50. I had option on what glass I wanted to use. The standard was a .31 U-value and a .36 solar heat gain. This package would have made them energystar windows. The package I got was a stimulus package that had a .29 U-value and a .26 solar heat gain. They also said they are AAMA certified witch means they have an outside party check their windows to make sure they are built they way they test. You can find out if your windows are AAMA certified by looking for a gold AAMA label. On my windows they are under the head. If I pull the top sash down and look up I can see them. With that being said I would say they are pretty credible.

Delaware Mike

#17 Post by Delaware Mike »

Next time I'm at this lumber yard I'll have them pull the sample, or at the least call the rep. I think that the bulk of their vinyl business goes to Ideal as they have full size displays. Your performance data looks okay. Do you know what the air leakage is?

pwindow1

#18 Post by pwindow1 »

The only info I can find on air is .20 scfm /ft2

HomeSealed

#19 Post by HomeSealed »

I've seen a few good products in the teens, but an unproven product with.2 plus does not look good at all. All signs point to a mediocre product at best.