Southeastern Michigan

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
wil20367

Southeastern Michigan

#1 Post by wil20367 »

I will be replacing all of the windows (about 13) in my 1940ish home in the next few months. I live in Southeastern Michigan where it can get very cold, so I am concerned about getting a window with a low U-factor.

I want to do my research first and have a good idea about the quality of a window before I start getting quotes. So far I am leaning towards Alside or Simonton windows.

Last week I got a flyer in the mail from Mr. Roof that claimed to have the the window with the highest R-value (inverse of U-factor) in Michigan. Those of you that live in the Michigan, Ohio, Indiana area might be familiar with Mr. Roof. They install the Thundergard Roof which is supposed to be top of the line.

Does anyone know anything about the windows Mr. Roof is selling? Can you make a recommendation for a quality window that is suitable for a cold climate? Lastly, about what should I expect to pay for a quality window with quality installation?

Thanks