I need windows, and I need advice about it!

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
chazmonro

I need windows, and I need advice about it!

#1 Post by chazmonro »

We've had quotes from sears, Gilkey, and Champion... we're 45 miles west of Chicago, and so far I really like the Gilkey windows, but this is a huge investment and I want to make a good decision here.

Things I am concerned about... a lifetime warrenty from a company that won't dissapear in 5 years. Also afordability is nice, but mostly we plan to stay here for a long time, so quality is paramount above price at the moment.

any advice would be great. Thanks.
Chuck

FenEx

#2 Post by FenEx »

We prefer the Simonton Impressions 9800 series to the Gilkey products. The performance numbers are about the same but the Impressions is a more attractive unit with shadow grooved fusion welds (unlike Gilkeys rough welds) and an independant lift rail.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Plus, the Simonton doesn't drain rain water through the inside of the sill extrusion. Having mold, dirt and insects permanently stuck inside the window frame would keep me from ever selling a window with that design. My opinion of course.