Milgard Tuscany - what is air infiltration number?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Patty

Milgard Tuscany - what is air infiltration number?

#1 Post by Patty »

Does someone know what is air infiltration number of Milgard Tuscany DH?

I'm told that the following DH windows with double strength Cardinal 366 (loe-3) glass & argon have the following U-factors. Amerimax & Milgard w/superspacer; Vanguard w/stainless steel:

Amerimax (Master Grande) .29
Sunrise Vanguard .28
Milgard Tuscany .30

To account for the difference, if they have the same glass, I assume that means Milgard's frame is not as insulating and/or air infiltration is higher. Anything else that factors into making the Ufactor different when the glass is the same?

tia

Windows on Washington

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

I have it written down from some of their testing data as a 0.08

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#3 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

I believe that # should be .18 and not .08. Milgard's probably going to drop us as a dealer because of our constant badgering about test numbers, but in their defense they have responded to every request we have submited. We are semi active with them because we believe they they actually care and will continue to improve. The positive action lock and attention to detail makes it our third best selling window.
Improvements we see as necessary are extending the warranty for the second homeowner. Currently their off the hook in as little as eleven years, so that's sub-par. More weatherstripping as it's pretty minimal which the air test reflects, and a thicker IG to be able to handle triple glaze. Currently we order units with Sun Coat Max and SS for a u of .30, which they tell us will be .29 very soon.
We have a lot of respect for this company, but there seems to be too much West coast influence when determining what's best for the upper Midwest.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

I am always suspect of these 3rd party testing organizations as well but that is what I have in a pdf.

I do agree with you on all other points as well.