Silverline Vinyl Windows - Pros and Cons

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Door&WindowPlus

Silverline Vinyl Windows - Pros and Cons

#1 Post by Door&WindowPlus »

Silverline Windows is now being sold in Southern California can you please give me some pros and cons about the window. Some local dealers are selling them pretty cheap.
ex. single strenght glass standard?, what spacer used, warranty any good, service any good.

Thanks in advance.

FenEx

#2 Post by FenEx »

Cons: They are very poorly made and the bottom of the window market.

Pros: They are slightly better than Saran Wrap.

Hope this helps.

Windows on Washington

Re: reply

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

FenEx wrote:Cons: They are very poorly made and the bottom of the window market.

Hope this helps.
This item has not yet been evaluated to be true Michael. That is yet to be seen. I think Saran Wrap has better air infiltration numbers but Silverline edges Saran out on U-Factor.

Skydawggy

Re: reply

#4 Post by Skydawggy »

Windows on Washington wrote:
FenEx wrote:Cons: They are very poorly made and the bottom of the window market.

Hope this helps.
This item has not yet been evaluated to be true Michael. That is yet to be seen. I think Saran Wrap has better air infiltration numbers but Silverline edges Saran out on U-Factor.
That may be but unless you are planning on living in a house 5 years or more, you will never recover the price difference between the 2. I say go with the Saran Wrap.