I keep getting Weathervane Windows Recommended

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Stv

I keep getting Weathervane Windows Recommended

#1 Post by Stv »

I live on the central coast of Oregon, about 1/2 mile from the ocean. I have had three local companies give me estimates on replacing 10 windows (mostly horizontal sliders) and a sliding patio door, and all three are recommending Weathervane windows (together they also carry Milgard, Certainteed, Atrium, and Alside).

They say that the Weathervane specs on paper are better though in the real world one probably would not notice the difference. They say that since these are all good vinyl windows -- Weathervane, Milgard Tuscany and Certainteed Insulate -- but since a Weathervane window costs about 5% less, to go with Weathervane over the larger brands.

Any thoughts on this? On the one hand it is reassuring that three well-established local companies are recommending Weathervane, but on the other hand Weathervane Windows is a relatively new company and I cannot find much info on the web other than their informative web site.

Does anyone have first hand experience with Weathervane window? This question has been asked several times before on this board with no response. With my local companies all recommending Weathervane, I am hoping that someone has recent first-hand experience