Circle top & semi-circles in vinyl replacement--opinions?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
windoworrier

Circle top & semi-circles in vinyl replacement--opinions?

#1 Post by windoworrier »

I'm new to this forum and am having a major anxiety attack about the vinyl replacement windows I ordered a few weeks ago. Having recently bought a 20 year home in an upscale neighborhood in MI, we decided to replace all our 42 windows from former pella/wood windows to vinyl since half of the sills were rotting. It really turned me off wood altogether & I wasn't convinced that fiberglass was worth the increase in cost. I had thought I had done all my homework but am now beginning to question the wisdom of my decision. My concern lies with the outward appearance of the 2 full circles, and 4 semi-top windows and the aluminum trim that surrounds the exterior outward frame. Can anyone reassure me that they have seen vinyl windows in these styles and that they look decent? It would be great if anyone can offer me pictures. I just came back from a walk where I had discovered a home where the aluminum was cut in segments too large for the configuration. I really thought the scallop-like aluminum cut looked shoddy exposing some underlying surfaces. Is this a major problem for circle tops and semi-circle vinyl replacements for this reason? I would appreciate any encouragement or possible solution/suggestions before it is too late.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: Circle top & semi-circles in vinyl replacement--opinions?

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

A top notch installer can make them look real nice. You can also order polyurethane arch trim from places like: http://www.architecturaldepot.com
You can get a very nice look from a polurethane arch even if the installer can't do miracles with aluminum.