Lindsay Window/Illinois Energy?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
daughtersrus

Lindsay Window/Illinois Energy?

#1 Post by daughtersrus »

My father just got a quote from a company called Illinois Energy (Chicago suburbs) for Lindsay Worthington windows. I did a quick search here and it sounds like he may be getting ripped off. The quote is for 16DH (I'm not sure of the exact size but they're pretty close to 28 x 44) at a cost of $16,000. A thousand dollars a window sure sounds like a lot to me.

I'm wondering if anyone here is familiar with either Illinois Energy or Lindsay windows.

I suggested that he call in the morning and cancel the order. He did give them a check for $100 as a deposit. He does have 3 business days to cancel the order doesn't he?

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#2 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

I'm not familiar with Illinois Energy, but the Lindsay Worthington is a middle of the road window. You are correct that price is much to high. We sell that series for closer to $400 per for a white double hung.

daughtersrus

#3 Post by daughtersrus »

Thanks for the information.

Can you tell me which series the Worthington model is in? It looks like Lindsay has three (Earthwise, Sunview and Healthy). I'd like to compare the warranty. The rep said that their warranty is not limited and will cover things like a ripped screen (even if it's done by someone throwing a rock or a cat ripping it) at no cost.

I am going to try and call Lindsay directly when they open later this morning.

Thanks!

daughtersrus

#4 Post by daughtersrus »

I called Lindsay and they said that the Worthington is not in any of their lines but is made exclusively for Illinois Energy. Is it common for a manufacturer to make a product for just one company? They also said the warranty that my dad was told about is from IE and not Lindsay so if they go out of business, the only warranty that will apply is one from Lindsay. The rep at Lindsay couldn't tell me what the would be since the Worthington is included in their product lines.

There are so many red flags that I'm hoping that Dad will cancel today.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#5 Post by Window4U (IL) »

In my opinion, when a company tries to take advantage of an elderly citizen by grossly overcharging them, I do not believe they are worthy of anyone's business, let alone giving them another chance to bid with another brand.
There are many honest contractors out there who do not play pricing games and who can provide a superior window and installation at a much fairer price. I would cancel and have him look around some more. If he does cancel, make sure he follows the cancellation instructions to the tee and provide that info to them with documentation that they received it (like with a certified letter. )

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

daughtersrus wrote: There are so many red flags that I'm hoping that Dad will cancel today.
DO NOT HOPE....TELL HIM TO CANCEL!!!

That is too much money for that window and like Window4U said, that is highly unscrupulous behavior.