Abcleads.com BBB Business Review  NAHB member
Call us at
1-800-870-7321

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Help ?????
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:56 pm 

I have committed to have 11 windows and 2 sliders done with the Great Lakes Uniframes. I understand that these have select distribution and I'm having trouble price checking the installed cost. Any ideas. They want over 26k !!!!

I'm will to pay some extra for a superior product but i'm feeling a little taken here !!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Help ?????
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:01 pm 

Liteu wrote:
I have committed to have 11 windows and 2 sliders done with the Great Lakes Uniframes. I understand that these have select distribution and I'm having trouble price checking the installed cost. Any ideas. They want over 26k !!!!

I'm will to pay some extra for a superior product but i'm feeling a little taken here !!!!!!!

That is a lot of money for any window. Look more toward 10K less then that at least for a quality triple glass krypton filled window.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:42 am 

Yikes. Even if your windows were the walls of glas that Anderson uses in it's brouchers, no WAY those 13 units should cost 2000.00 a piece.
MAYBE 2000 each for the sliding glass doors, MAYBE, which but 26K??? 2000 a unit?? What are they, all bay windows? 110 by 52 inch 3-light casements? HA ha haaaaaaaboy........uh uh!!!