Just received a quote from Clear Choice with Vista windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
bignick

Just received a quote from Clear Choice with Vista windows

#1 Post by bignick »

Has anbody had experience with clear choice or Vista windows.

Delaware Mike

Re: Just received a quote from Clear Choice with Vista windows

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

Vista is one of the very best "price" windows out their. Installed under normal circumstances in the $400 - $500 average. I've installed at least 500 of them over the last 24 months and have never really had any problems with them. Good company to do with business with. I like the look of the window, very similar to Simonton. Simple and good working locks, excellent vent tabs (my favorite in the industry), decent tolerences, 1" spacing with the option for Super Spacer. On the down side would be that the sill although sloped, is not as nice as a Soft-Lite, Gorrell, or Sunrise. We hate the sill angle and just toss it in the garbage.

This seems to be a step up window wise for a bottom feeding outfit like Clear Choice. Perhaps the last window that they have carried and sold for $189 a window has caused more grief than good?

jsmomo

#3 Post by jsmomo »

i have been using the vista window for about 9 months now . they do imo compare to the simonton window. i have sold over 2200 vista windows in that time to say the least have had very few service issues . vista has been a gem as far a fixing anything that was wrong with my windows . as far as delaware mikes comment about clear choice i wouldnt say anybody is a bottom feeder . we are all out here tring to keep our head above water in a tight economy .

bignick

#4 Post by bignick »

The windows for clear choice are there signature series made by Vista window company. Do you know if the quality would be same as windows on there internet site or other dealers receive from Vista window company?

jsmomo

#5 Post by jsmomo »

It is the panorama series window they only make one frame style for the double hung . You can then upgrade the glass package . The patio door is the best i have seen in years . From what i know the clear choice is just private labeled window they took vista's brochure and changed some information then put their logo onthe front.

bignick

#6 Post by bignick »

Does that mean that Vista Window company does not make the windows sold and installed by Clear Choice?

jsmomo

#7 Post by jsmomo »

Vista does make the window it is the same window you can get from all vistas other dealers .

bignick

#8 Post by bignick »

Could someone tell me why Clear Choice has such a bad reputaion on this site? I could only find 1 complaint on the internet concerning Clear Choice DC. They had zero complaints under bbb. I am trying to make decision if I should use them. It seems that clear choice is using a better window then they were.

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

I can't say to what extent a particular franchise follows this model, however, the typical model for some outfits like CC and similar was to offer a price point product, get the cheapest labor, and flood the market with advertising.

This typically netted an overall effect of putting a bad product on the market along with a poor installation. This ultimately makes everyone in this industry look badly.

There certainly are much better products out there in the marketplace today for near the same money. Educate yourself and spend your money wisely.

jsmomo

#10 Post by jsmomo »

i had mentioned in a previous post that the silverline window the were using before is a big piece of junk . the vista window does imo compare to your top of the line windows . Find out who does their installs and get some references . i wouldnt let this board discourage from using a company that you might be comfortable with . i would agree with wows statement if they were tring to sell you any silverline product.

Windows on Washington

#11 Post by Windows on Washington »

I would like to clarify my earlier post by adding that I was not referring to the Vista window in this case.

I was referring to the Silverline/Andersen window which was previously the go to product in that franchise model.

bignick

#12 Post by bignick »

Thanks all for your help. I am still getting estimates on the replacement windows.