Where's my topic?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
johnb

Where's my topic?

#1 Post by johnb »

Here I came here to try and get some pretty straight forward answers and suggestions for a big project I'm working on, and without anyone really answering any of my questions, it turns into a p*ssing match---just like I'd had to put up with before: 'you suck. no you do'. I didn't seem to see that kind of junk in anyone else's thread, and now mine's been deleted. FWIW, no one at Renaissance has even contacted me since I filled out the quote form on this website. So, do my questions still exist somewhere, or do I have to recreate them and ask them all again? This kind of stuff certainly doesn't do anything to improve my "warm and fuzzies" about salesmen and contractors.

VRWAdmin
Site Admin

#2 Post by VRWAdmin »

Johnb,

We do apologize but the thread was removed from the board. It was felt by the administrators of the board that it had veered rather dramatically off topic and had become inappropriate.

Everyone who works hard at maintaining this site and the board does appreciate all of the input given by consumers and professionals. However, as in many situations where opinions differ, sometimes people say (type) things they shouldn't and most likely wish they hadn't; thus the removal for the good of all.

Perhaps you can afford some pro's a second chance at providing advice. We have always found them to be patient, generous individuals who dole out a great deal of valuable advice, for free, with no expectation of anything in return, other than lending a helping hand.

VRW Admin

johnb

#3 Post by johnb »

I didn't see anything inherently wrong or slanted with my post. I thought all were valid questions. Perhaps in the future you could delete just the reponses that are offensive and add a note for them to be civil.

VRWAdmin
Site Admin

#4 Post by VRWAdmin »

Johnb,

Yes you are correct, when the thread was being cleaned, all of it was removed, but your original post was quite comprehensive and should have remained.

We do apologize.

VRW Admin

FenEx

#5 Post by FenEx »

Johnb

Some of the responses to your original post were addressed to your questions. The other two posts you have added have also received several responses. In all three cases, you have never responded to suggestions or the advice given. No feedback, no appreciation... no response other than complaining that your original post is gone. If you wish to participate in a forum discussion... discuss. If the original poster stops responding... contributors stop feeding potentially helpful information to the thread.

Fenex

JScott

#6 Post by JScott »

johnB,
I actually wrote a lenghty post but decided not to submit it after reviewing the other posts. I do not remember everything except that I would(if it were my home-mine-not theirs-mine) I would use a triple pane vinyl upper end replacement window with nailing fins as in new construction, I would caulk behind the nailing flange, use 9" protect-o-wrap to flash and then have the siding applied. I would probably use a whole tube of silicone around the back of the nailing flange if it were my home and overkill any where water could penetrate the structure.

If I recall your house was pre-tyvek.

I (me- not them)would use a Gorell. If my wife wanted staining or an exterior color not white or beige we would be using the Marvin Infinity. Personnel preferences you have will actually determine what you will purchase.

But I would have to actually see the project to determine how applicable my above approach could be. Re-sided or applied over existing...wood, vinyl, composite siding...wood, aluminum or steel existing windows...there are many varibles. FenEx would use a Schucco and Guy would probably use Pella and someone named George would use an Alside like window and others would use Andersen or Simonton. There are many fine products on the market(except maybe Georges-pun, not a punch).

Possibly the server could handle thumbnails and pictures if a revision to this board is ever made( although it is a great benefit of information for me now).

I hope this information helps.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#7 Post by Window4U (IL) »

JScott wrote:
Possibly the server could handle thumbnails and pictures if a revision to this board is ever made( although it is a great benefit of information for me now).
You mean like this?8)

(Cherry woodgrain vinyl window)

JScott

#8 Post by JScott »

Awesome...I actually found the Img button when I was trying to delete earlier. Thanks again for your help earlier today. Friend.

ps- I tried to pull up a picture from "my pictures" folder, but I am not as computer savy as you. I bow to your superior technical communications.
[/img]