Any Simonton Reps On Here?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
lifer

Any Simonton Reps On Here?

#1 Post by lifer »

Looking for a Simonton Rep to talk to about ordering new windows. Particularly in the Midwest region.

Windows on Washington

Re: Any Simonton Reps On Here?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

http://www.simonton.com

is your best bet.

lifer

#3 Post by lifer »

I was looking to find what simonton.com is missing. I am currently having a problem with one of my windows and simonton is wanting me to deal with the distributor that sold me the windows (over 30 windows in brand new house installed 3 years ago) I have one window in sons bedroom that continually over the years has accumulated water underneath the window in that wall cavity. I have had the builder rip out the brick on the exterior of the wall 5 times now and try to find problem and we have also ripped out interior wall. Long story short, the distributor that sold me the window will not deal with me anymore due to complaints yet they have not shelled out one dollar from there own pockets. I want to order a new window for this opening and would prefer it be a simonton with the same look so I don't have to replace all the windows on that side of the house to match.

So if there is any Simonton reps on here that could help me out so I can just buy a new replacement window through them and have it installed correctly so this doesn't happen in the future and I my son does not have to breath in mold due to the window leaking it would be much appreciated. I had also tried to get them to send someone out to adjust my casement windows because they are not sealing tight and need to be adjusted and I would pay for it out of my own pocket and they told me no.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

After ripping everything out so many times, why hasn't a diagnosis for the water leak been able to have been made? If it were the window I would think it pretty easy to find a water leak.
Are you sure the water is not coming from up higher in the wall or roof? Ice damming is the culprit in many so called "window leaks".

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Has any one done a water test?
What is the house wrap under the brick?

lifer

#6 Post by lifer »

We have ripped out the brick so many times to let out the moisture and kill the mold and try to find the root cause. Last time the builder actually ripped out that whole wall of brick from the window ledge down, the only spot wet and moldy was directly underneath the window itself, nowhere else above the window or to the sides does it show any sign of water damage. The only time it is bad is in the summer time when it gets hot outside and the sun beats on that wall then you smell the moisture and mold in that wall cavity and the interior bottom of the window beads up with mosture.

After ripping out the interior wall 1 1/2 years ago, there was no visible water damage above or on the sides of the window, just directly beneath it. I have had a brick expert come out to look at the brick work and he said everything was fine with that.

Im not trying to extort anything out of anybody for this or looking for a handout from simonton, basically just want to get this fixed so I don't have to worry about it in the future and am willing to shell out my own money to do it.

lifer

#7 Post by lifer »

Has any one done a water test?

Yes, Simonton rep did a water test and found a leak and then adjusted window and said it was all good.

What is the house wrap under the brick?

Tar Paper I believe.