Starmark window systems

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
susan

Starmark window systems

#1 Post by susan »

Hello, I wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with Starmark Window systems exclusively by American Remodeling. I have met with a company just outside of Philadelphia who manufacters this product. They say it has a heat shield which is a better insulator then any gas between the window panes. His reason was that over time the gas disapates, so it is not as effective. Any insight you can provide would be helpful. Thanks!

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Any "heat shield" glass (low-e) is a better insulator than the gas.
The excuse not to use windows with gas because it leaks out should prompt you to find a window with better technology. Not all windows have this problem.

I did a Google search and a NFRC search for Starmark Window Systems and the searches came up completely empty. Not a good sign. I'd look at better known windows.

FenEx

#3 Post by FenEx »

I second W4U's comment. Atleast the dealer you spoke to was honest about his/her product... most will leak insulating gases... but not all. The low-E coatings reflect radiant and ambient heat... the insulating gases slow the transfer of heat through the space between the glass by conduction (like the insulation in your walls). They address different forms of heat transfer... one does not replace the other nor does it render it obsolete. With the upcoming record-setting heating bills you are about to experience, this is not a corner you will want to cut.

Fenex