Quotes: Soft-Lite Imperial/Imperial LS

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
buddy110

Re: Quotes: Soft-Lite Imperial/Imperial LS

#16 Post by buddy110 »

I dealt with SL for over a year. While I liked the people I did not find the quality of the products overall to be as great as some have said. But in fairness to SL, they were having some issues then that may in fact have been corrected.

I can say that Gorell is an excellent choice. The 5300 is a very nicely made window and backed by a superb company. Given the choice and the super low price you got I go gorell in a heart beat

bouda

#17 Post by bouda »

Ya, we just did not like how the 5300 had metal spacers.

bouda

#18 Post by bouda »

buddy110 wrote:I dealt with SL for over a year. While I liked the people I did not find the quality of the products overall to be as great as some have said. But in fairness to SL, they were having some issues then that may in fact have been corrected.

I can say that Gorell is an excellent choice. The 5300 is a very nicely made window and backed by a superb company. Given the choice and the super low price you got I go gorell in a heart beat
Just an update on or windows that we had installed last year. We love them, however the quality control from Soft-Lite was absolutely terrible. 6 of the windows' locks did not line up right. These have the stealth locks so it was hard to notice, but when locking the windows it did not seem "smooth". And once I looked at the inside where the locks were, I noticed they did not line up and were causing the vinyl to be scratched (this is something I would guess they get away with as the windows still lock, just not as they are suppose to. Most would probably not investigate it as much as I did.) A company rep came out and agreed it was a issue in manufacturing. The sent new ones right away, however 3 of them were still wrong and another one they sent did not even fit. Finally got them all in, and then realized that one of the new ones sent had window panes in both the top and bottom, something the other 17 did not. It took almost 6 months after all the trouble for the correct windows to be sent. It was nice that soft-lite continued to send a rep out and admit their wrong doing, however this stuff should have been caught at the factory. Although we are very satisfied with the window, I would never purchase this brand again. On the phone they actually tried blaming the installer, even though each time the rep that came out from soft-lite admitted it was a manufacturing issue. And now one of the vent latches has broken.

HomeSealed

#19 Post by HomeSealed »

Have these issues been fixed with the replacement sashes? Having been an installer, I would have guessed that the problem was more likely to be an installation issue based on the price you paid (very cheap)... but if the issues were fixed, maybe it was the product.