ultramaxx windows by alsides

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
bhagg

ultramaxx windows by alsides

#1 Post by bhagg »

just got a quote for 14 double hung triple pane and 1 bay ultramaxx windows. all the triple pain window range in the 80 to 100 ui. the bay window is about 120 ui. quote was $8050 for all installation and removal. is that price in line or does it seem to be on the high side.

thanks

Windows on Washington

Re: ultramaxx windows by alsides

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Price doesn't even really matter in this case because the window is not very well regarded amongst pros. It is a pocket sill design which is not preferable (more water leak potential), very bulky frame (less glass), and average performance number (air infiltration number is a 0.19 which is horrible for a pocket sill window).

bhagg

#3 Post by bhagg »

thanks for the reply. how would you compare it to the sheffield. we could get that for the same price.

TLHWINDOWS

#4 Post by TLHWINDOWS »

I like to compare Alside products to Kia.

Its got a warranty, its got a usable product, but its main goal is to sell as many windows as possible regardless of call backs.

bhagg

#5 Post by bhagg »

what would you recomend

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

TLHWINDOWS wrote:I like to compare Alside products to Kia.

Its got a warranty, its got a usable product, but its main goal is to sell as many windows as possible regardless of call backs.
You might have to revise that soon. Some of Kia/Hyundai's new products are pretty nice. :D

Integra

#7 Post by Integra »

Windows on Washington wrote:Price doesn't even really matter in this case because the window is not very well regarded amongst pros. It is a pocket sill design which is not preferable (more water leak potential), very bulky frame (less glass), and average performance number (air infiltration number is a 0.19 which is horrible for a pocket sill window).

A .19??? Really? That's strange. I sold the U-Maxx 20 years ago and I had a NFRC test sheet rating it at either .05 or .07 (can't remember exactly, but I KNOW it was one of those two numbers). That's hard to imagine. LOL, my claim to fame was that I was the first guy in the Washington area to sell Super Spacer. Now everyone has it. Funny how the times change...

TLHWINDOWS

#8 Post by TLHWINDOWS »

HomeSealed wrote:

You might have to revise that soon. Some of Kia/Hyundai's new products are pretty nice. :D
Let me know how that works out for you :)

As for list of windows:

Simonton
Gorell
OKNA
PGT
Sunrise

HomeSealed

#9 Post by HomeSealed »

TLHWINDOWS wrote:
HomeSealed wrote:

Let me know how that works out for you :)

As for list of windows:

Simonton
Gorell
OKNA
PGT
Sunrise

I don't own one, but if you follow automotive trends at all in the past few years they are starting to get some great reviews. They even had a an article recently in Fortune magazine about how they are dramatically improving their quality and changing their image.... Just FYI :wink: ....Can't say the same for Alside. :lol: