double vs. triple pane

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
tdog4871

Re: double vs. triple pane

#16 Post by tdog4871 »

Delaware Mike wrote:You could go double-glazing on the LS with Super Spacer and Solar Low-e (PPG Solarban 70). This should have a U-factor of around .25 or .26. That should run you a lot less than triple with Krypton. Soft-Lite will also do stainless Intercept if you ask them. I prefer Soft-Lite's Ultimate triple glass option with the .17 U-factor, but so many folks in my area just want to be under a certain price giving our economic situation.
Thanks, the Ultimate is the quote I got for $650 per window. I'll ask about the "Ultra" package also.

tdog4871

Re: double vs. triple pane

#17 Post by tdog4871 »

advanced_energy wrote:what is 3k when your windows will last over 25 years? not only that,what is when windows take up over 50% of your exterior?
if you save 3k today,you will lose 6k tomorrow. why,you will need new windows when the cheaper one's fail. don't fall into that trap. believe me,its very easy for someone to CONVINCE THEMDELVES that the cheaper windows are just as good or GOOD ENOUGH! NOT TRUE !!!!
DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME AND GO WITH THE LS .
Ok, thanks for everyones advice. We are going with the LS for $577/window with triple, superspacer and argon gas. This is $77/window more than the Preservation, but it seems like money well spent on a superior product.