Gentek Windows, or any recommendations? Please help!

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Midnightmike

Gentek Windows, or any recommendations? Please help!

#1 Post by Midnightmike »

A salesman today was pushing their Gentek triple pane krypton filled windows. They sounded good, of course. Anyone familiar with these? Pretty expensive for

3 three-lite
2 two-lite

$8,900, 10 year installation warranty, 55 year product warranty
Install company has been around 27 years

I'm in Minnesota, so it gets cold. I need sliders because of an association.

Gentek ok, or any better ideas?

Thanks.

HipKat

#2 Post by HipKat »

Sounds a little high to me. What size are those windows.

Midnightmike

#3 Post by Midnightmike »

The big ones are about 65"x52" total (all 3 lites), then 50"x52" (total, including 2 lites), and 45"x36" (includes both lites).

Thanks!

FenEx

#4 Post by FenEx »

Mike

Give a call over to Guy at Installation Masters by you. He is a regular contributor on these sites and can take a look at what you have. You can reach him at 763-780-1212. You can get more window for less money.

Fenex

Bill

#5 Post by Bill »

You’re lucky to have a person like Guy available to you; you should definitely give him a call. FYI Alside owns Gentec they share the same window line.

Bill,
Uneeda Window of NJ

Midnightmike

#6 Post by Midnightmike »

Thanks for your advice. I will talk to Guy.

BTW, the manufacturer is Jantek for Appleby Windows, not Gentek. It appears they are different companies.

Thanks!

HipKat

#7 Post by HipKat »

I know one thing. 3 3-lt sliders that size and 2 l-lt sliders should not cost you 8900 bucks (not knowing what extras you have; wood grain, etc...).

If those were mine, they'd be several thousand less for sure.

Midnightmike

#8 Post by Midnightmike »

This bid was actually $7,100, which still seems high. I did have another bid that was $8,600!

WindDoze

#9 Post by WindDoze »

Mike,
I'm a contractor in Minnesota as well, I can get you Schuco triple pane windows (highly regarded here and on other boards) -- for significantly less than the Jantek windows you are looking at. Give me a call or drop me an email if you are interested.

www.homebetterment.com

Ballcrusher

#10 Post by Ballcrusher »

Hey Windoze, I find it offensive that you would be using this site as a marketing tool. Even you yourself stated this was a site for learning and getting information on products for the homeowner. If you've been reading the posts here for as long as you say. Then you would realize that doing this angers the Pro's here and goes against there better judgment. On the other hand if your referred by others, you've proved yourself worthy. I don't think you've proved your worthy yet. So please find some where else to get leads.

WindDoze

#11 Post by WindDoze »

BallCrusher --
Consider myself worthy? Wayne's World came out 10 years ago -- I suggest getting out more!

Last I checked this was an information site. The original poster asked if Gentek windows were OK and then asked if anyone else had any other ideas. I'm in the area, I have the Schuco window which by many accounts on this site is considered a superior window. I invited the poster to take a look for himself. I guess I could have repeated a lot of information about Schuco (to prove my worthiness I guess??) Or else I'll leave that up to the customer -- should he choose to get in touch with me. I'll leave it at that.

Bill

#12 Post by Bill »

He is correct in that the site administrator discourages listing your own website in your reply. The administrator will warn you about it and if you continue they will remove your registration and posts as they did with that person from Mass.

Have your website within your profile where a reader can access it if they wish.

Bill
Uneeda Window

WindDoze

#13 Post by WindDoze »

Thanks Bill....
I'll do it that way in the future...