HELP!! I signed a contract for Comfortworld windows........

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Nobody

#16 Post by Nobody »

I know this guy because I purchased ComfortWorld 6000 windows from WW about 3 years ago and he was my installer. I can't speak for all WW installations, as I'm sure they vary in quality since they use a variety of installers. But my installation was excellent.

He tells me that about 70% of his work is installing for Sears, about 20% for WW - during those weeks where he has no assignments from Sears, and about 10% putting in windows from his own small business. He said that when he does a WW job that his work has the same high quality as when he does a Sears job. He wants to continue to have the option of doing some WW installs during down periods.

While I'm not going to claim that my 6000's, Alside Sheffields, are a great window, I will say that I am very pleased with them after 3 years in a cold, northern climate. My heating bills dropped and I haven't had a single problem with any of the 14 windows. No air leaks, no sticky windows, no broken latches, not a single call back to WW to fix a problem. I feel that I got a great value for the price I paid.

windowrep

#17 Post by windowrep »

nobody, what is the most important thing to look at when inspecting a window that is 3 years old?

Nobody

#18 Post by Nobody »

Nobody does not know. Nobody is just a typical homeowner.

All Nobody knows is that the windows look like new on both the inside and outside and they work just like they are new. And there are no cold air drafts around the frames or seals, even when it is below zero. Oh, and there is no moisture within the windows, or frost on them when it is below zero.

My old windows had drafts, some of them wouldn't even latch between the top and bottom, and would frost over to the point that I couldn't even see out on a winter's morning.

Nobody

#19 Post by Nobody »

I went with the ComfortWorld 6000 in part due to advice I received from some of the contributors to this, and another, on-line windows forum. It might have been a discussion list back then.

I didn't have many options in my area and had gotten some suspect quotes. I didn't really want to buy from WW, but after verifying the window was the Alside Sheffield and that I would have an experienced installer and a lifetime warranty, I nervously signed a contract.

I knew the Sheffield wasn't the best window out there, but couldn't afford the best window out there. When people like Windowmann2000 told me that he recommended and sold the Sheffield as a good quality mid-line window, and Window4U also said some positive things about it, it gave me enough confidence to go ahead. I've read many of their posts and found them to be very knowledgable and informative posters.

When the installer turned out to be very competent, as far as I could tell, and did a very nice, tight job, and I knew he wasn't getting much for it, I gave him a $150 tip.

HipKat

#20 Post by HipKat »

The bottom line is that if you're happy with your windows, then you're ok!