anyone know about Simonton 7500 series

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
syddeb

anyone know about Simonton 7500 series

#1 Post by syddeb »

We are doing a retrofit (we have stucco) and are thinking about Simonton 7500 Impressions. 9 windows total. (suppossed to be triple low e)

anyone know?

TheWindowNerd

Re: anyone know about Simonton 7500 series

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Are you in western US?

syddeb

#3 Post by syddeb »

yes, northern CA. bay area

utoo

#4 Post by utoo »

You will not find many participants in this forum from the west coast. Most of the discussion is from the midwest and eastcoast talking and giving their opinions endlessly about windows that are not available here. In your search of the forum you have probably already found that the Simonton window is well respected and I can only add my agreement to theirs.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I use the upper end Simonton products and have great results for my customers.

syddeb

#6 Post by syddeb »

I just wanted to thank the two people that responded. I respect and appreciate any advice. Thanks

Door&WindowPlus

#7 Post by Door&WindowPlus »

I sell the Simonton windows in Los Angeles area but the Simonton windows come from Vacaville up north so they would offer the same windows and options.

I tell you that the 7500 comes with either Low-e272 and argon or Low-e366 (which is the triple lowe) and argon.
Superspacer and intercept are the two options of spacer available.

Very good window.

dutch

#8 Post by dutch »

Door&WindowPlus wrote:I sell the Simonton windows in Los Angeles area but the Simonton windows come from Vacaville up north so they would offer the same windows and options.

I tell you that the 7500 comes with either Low-e272 and argon or Low-e366 (which is the triple lowe) and argon.

Very good window.
Weren't you the one (if not it was another Southern Cal dealer) who recently posted about several people having leaking with these windows in recent storms and Simonton said that they considered it acceptable. But no other brand installed in that time period had the leaking!

Door&WindowPlus

#9 Post by Door&WindowPlus »

dutch wrote:
Door&WindowPlus wrote:I sell the Simonton windows in Los Angeles area but the Simonton windows come from Vacaville up north so they would offer the same windows and options.

Very good window.
Weren't you the one (if not it was another Southern Cal dealer) who recently posted about several people having leaking with these windows in recent storms and Simonton said that they considered it acceptable. But no other brand installed in that time period had the leaking!
I posted a problem in Jan 08 but Simonton took care of it and the customer is happy. No problems since. Simonton, Amerimax, and Milgard seem to have really good service compared to other companies for Southern California.