Need advice for replacement windows in NOLA

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
juliette

Need advice for replacement windows in NOLA

#1 Post by juliette »

I live in New Orleans, LA and have been researching and getting quotes from various companies for 9 windows plus removing a set of French doors with sidelights and putting in its place three long plain windows - meaning, they don't open. This would entail some building up under these three windows with either a row of bricks or something else.
Can you recommend a brand that has a decent warranty, is built well, looks good once it is installed and will withstand our weather here in the deep South.
I have already ruled out Window World, they have no skills beyond sticking the window in the opening and their product is cheap and their warranty is weak. I want double hung windows, white, low-e, argon gas, etc.

Can you suggest some good product lines here for me? Thanks so much.

TheWindowNerd

Re: Need advice for replacement windows in NOLA

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Favored mfgs are Soft-lite, Sunrise, Okna, Gorrell, Simonton.
See if you can find any of these in your area.

randy

#3 Post by randy »

For better quality vinyl, I would agree with Anthony on Sunrise and Gorell, both of which are available in New Orleans. For mid-range products, NT Windows would be a good option.

juliette

#4 Post by juliette »

I am searching for these that you all have suggested. It seems for Sunrise and Soft-lite I get Sears and Home Depot along with one named Gulf Coast Windows who shows a YouTube video of Vista Windows when you Google for Sunrise replacement windows in New Orleans. Does that make sense?

I looked for Gorell and had to send my email address to get them to send me info. Will wait to see who is rep here for them.

One of the contractors I have been talking to uses Amcraft to make his windows...do you have an opinion on that company?

Am looking at some others as well, but these other companies use different mfg. than what we are all talking about. Met some at a Home Show last weekend.
Thanks for your input.
Juliette

EcoStar Remodeling

#5 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

If you are interested in Sunrise, call the factory and ask them for the name of a dealer in your area.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

juliette wrote:I am searching for these that you all have suggested. It seems for Sunrise and Soft-lite I get Sears and Home Depot
Juliette
Just because they come up on a search does not mean that they sell those windows. I can say with certainty that they do not sell any of those mentioned, with the exception of HD selling Simonton. Go directly to the manufacturer websites, they all have dealer locator functions... It sounds like you've already done so with Gorell.