Eurocraft & Evans Glass can anyone else sell it in WA?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Lizza

Eurocraft & Evans Glass can anyone else sell it in WA?

#1 Post by Lizza »

We have gone through many sales pitches and I really feel the Eurocraft window is better than the rest we viewed unless we want to add another 10,000 for the Uniframe by Statewide. Is anyone familiar w/ the Eurocraft window made by VPI Windows in Spokane, WA.? We were told that Evans glass is the only company that can sell or has the Eurocraft windows in Washingoton. Does anyone know if that is a fact or have an opinion on Evans. We have another sales man telling us he can get the Eurocrafts and will beat the price by $600.00. We also wanted to know if the price is about right. $7989.60 all filled w/ argon. I greatly appreciate any information or comments! Thanks!!
We have until Tuesday 4-12-05, to cancil our order for any reason. 1- 70 x 58 (also filled w/ krypton for noise)
3- 34x70 (2 will only be picture windows)
2- 70 1/2 x 79 1/2 (sliding door)
1- 71 x 41
2- 72 x 36 (also filled w/ krypton for noise)
1- 22 x 34 (w/ specialty glass for the bathroom for an add $80)
1- 35 x 35

NW Window Pro

#2 Post by NW Window Pro »

I would look into windows made by LBL. I carry many brands here in Washington and the LBL's consistently get the most favourable customer ratings. They are considerably less than what you have been quoted and come with bar screens (no pull tabs), white super spacers, 4 stainless rollers per window, Cardinal Low E2, gas filled, Equal sight line frame design (very strong internal structure), covered weep holes so insects cannot get in, metal reinforced meeting rails, and a beautiful beveled frame design. These windows off the most benefits at the best price. And their screen doors are exceptional with the nicest sliding screen of any door I have seen.

Other very good manufacturers include CDI on River Street in Tacoma. They make a sliding door with a built in doggy door that is very nice.

Certainteed makes some very nice double hungs and sliding doors.

www.nwhi.net

Mariners

Evans Glass

#3 Post by Mariners »

I have been getting some estimates and they are all over the board. Evans and West Coast were very price $20k for 9 windows + 1 slider I did not care for there sales pitch they come down to $10k but I feel thats still to high.
The lowest was $6,200. from Northwest window and doors.

Do you have any other suggestions for a window company that will not use subcontrators. :oops:

ronandjoy

#4 Post by ronandjoy »

We are also getting the Eurocraft windows from Evans Glass. We know someone else who has them and LOVES them. In their other home they had the LBL windows and were not nearly as happy with them as they are with the eurocraft.

We are having 16 windows done, with 4 of them being rather large, like 9 feet tall, angled on the top, large! The first time they came out, we were not happy with the price or the salesman. (minimum $12000 for only 10 windows) They sent out someone else and we are getting all of the windows done for $11,632.13 including tax and installation. They want your business and are willing to drop prices quite a bit to get it. They also sent out their commercial guy, who can give much better deals.

As far as no one else selling them, we were told by another company that they can sell them as well. I hestitate to mention the company because they seem to be complete flakes.

Our windows should be installed in the next 3 weeks or so, if yours are done sooner, please let me know how you like them and how the installation went.

Thanks-
Joy :)

Browndog

Evans Glass Eurocraft "Lifetime glass breakage warranty

#5 Post by Browndog »

Can anyone comment as to how Evans Glass (Seattle area) explained the "Lifetime Glass Breakage Warranty"?

Our salesman led us to beleive ANY glass breakage would be replaced, including accidental breakage. The example he used was a ball thrown through a window.

Two years later we have experienced a broken window, and I'm not getting the impression the outcome is going to be quite this easy.

Does anyone have EVANS warranty in writing? I have VPI's and it is pretty well spelled out, but Evans seems to be misleading and open to interpretation until you actually need it.

I will keep this board posted as the outcome. Until then words for the wise ... GET THE GLASS BREAKAGE WARRANTY IN WRITING.

Although I absolutely love our Eurocraft Windows, it seems vinyl window salesman are from the used car breed. Watch em every step - They'll tell you anything ... and don't be embarrased to dicker with them ... and get all that is said in WRITING. Have him sign your interpretation!

ronandjoy

#6 Post by ronandjoy »

I do have the warranty from Evans Glass and I can tell you what it says.

Here goes:

"Eurocraft windows & doors shall be free of defects in material and workmanship or VPI Quality Windows wil repair and/or replace, or at it's sole discretion, choose to refund the original purchase price paid to VPI for the affected product. Only the product and not any consequential damages are covered by this warranty."

"This warranty is subject to certain conditions and terms" :

*"Eurocraft Windows must be paid for, in full, for the warranty to be in force.
*This warranty applies only to the original registered property owner at the location where the windows were installed, and may be transfered one time.
VPI Quality Windows shall not assume liability for glass breakage or damage to the product caused by improper installation, storage, vandalism, missuse, abuse, or acts of nature including earthquakes, flood, and fire, and products not installed on a vertical plane. This product may be painted only as specified. Any painting or coating done in a manner unspecified by VPI Quality Windows will void this warranty.
*This warranty does not voer products purchased prior to January 1, 2002.
*There are no warranties that extend beyond the description on the face hereof. Any implied warranties, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness of particular purpose are specifically disclaimed."

Hope this helps. I will keep looking through our paperwork to see if I can come up with something else that may be helpful to you.

Good luck-
Joy

Browndog

#7 Post by Browndog »

Thank you Joy! and cudos for typing all that out!

I do have that Warranty, but think that is VPI, the Manufacturer's Warranty against defects , rather than Evans Glass.

Why would Evans Glass, who installs the windows, not warranty the product against improper installation?

How would others interpret this? Would ACCIDENTAL glass breakage be covered? Was this brought up in your sales presentation?

Two times Lifetime Glass Breakage is bulleted in Evans Glass literature and again on their website. I say misleading, but hope to hear from others, especiall those who own Eurocraft Windows and how this was explained by the sales staff.

ronandjoy

#8 Post by ronandjoy »

Hey, no problem.

I thought maybe you had that warranty since you mentioned VPI, but I thought I would give you the info just in case.

I did call Evans Glass and asked for a copy of my lifetime glass breakage warrany to see what they had to say. They asked if I had a broken window and I said no, because I don't, but said that I was trying to get all my files put together and then boxed up and put away, and just wanted everything organized. I told them I had the warranty from VPI, but nothing from them. I was told that that was the warranty, from the manufacturer, and that is all there was. Someone is going to call me back in the morning.

I didn't even ask about glass breakage when our sales guy was out. He never mentioned it, that I can recall. The closest we came was talking about having to have the bottom 18 inches tempered since the windows start at floor level and go up. Code says the bottom 18 inches must be tempered so people/things can't fall through it.

I will let you know what they tell me when they call in the morning. If they send me something, I will let you know that as well.

I know that they bent over backwards to get us to buy their windows. I think with the right approach you may be able to get them to take care of you with this situation. After all, bad reputations........

If it was an accidental break and they won't help you out, you may want to contact your home owners insurance. If the window is large and spendy you may be able to save a bit by paying your deductable and having them take care of it. If it is the only claim you have made on the policy, it won't change your premium at all. Just something to consider.

I will let you know what I hear.

Good luck-
Joy

HipKat

#9 Post by HipKat »

Sounds lie a typical junk warranty to me. They put all the exclusions they need inthere to justify not fixing anything.
Also, if a company gives you a quote for 20K, and then all of a suden drops to 10K, what the heck does that say about their credibility, anyhow????